Sr Training Developer
Company: H&R Block
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: July 21, 2021
What you'll do...
The Senior Training Developer develops, designs,
and delivers general and specific training. Assists in creation of
timely, relevant, and cost-effective training in accordance with
program objectives. Ensures all associated documentation is
collected, and monitors training effectiveness and employee
progress. Analyzes employee training needs and develops appropriate
new programs. This role is on the CSL&D team and supports the
Technical Support Center within the CSO.
Functional: Candidates must be organized, accurate, detail
oriented, capable of working under pressure, able to adapt to
changing requirements, responsive to established deadlines and an
excellent team player. Accuracy is imperative and candidates must
be able to accept and apply constructive feedback.
Day to Day you'll ...
- Consult within the business across multiple business units to
understand requirements and key deliverable needs for learning
products. Analyzes training needs and recommends key deliverables
- Design and develop learning solution and manage the end-to-end
review and completion of the production process. Create, socialize
and maintain design document that governs the development of the
learning solution. Lead other developers in project completion,
including providing feedback and coaching; may have
responsibilities to supervise and review other developers' work.
Collaborate with other developers and serves as a mentor
- Manage assignment completion effectively; able to change
direction quickly; understands timeliness and iterative/rapid
development. Lead other developers in project completion, including
providing feedback and coaching; may have responsibilities to
supervise and review other developers' work (10%).
- Build train-the-trainer sessions as well as trainer
certifications and may facilitate the sessions. May facilitate
other training events in both small and large groups, to all levels
of responsibility within the organization (10%).
- Evaluate effectiveness of results, including test item analysis
and Kirkpatrick learning evaluation levels. Seeks continuous
improvement in process, delivery, approach, and application
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also
- Experience writing technical training--this role supports our
Technical Support Center and is tech-heavy.
- Experience using and writing training for Salesforce.
- Call center experience (voice or chat).
- Experience with design tools including Captivate, Inkling,
Adobe, and PowerPoint.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through
a combination of education and related work experience.
- Five years related work experience.
- At least two years' experience in course design and development
of training programs and/or two years experience working in call
centers, or adult education or related field(s).
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills across all
- Instructional design experience with new hire training, call
center software, call flow, chat tools, and a CRM (for example,
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory and learning
- Strong analytical skills, communication skills, and effective
facilitation, and presentation skills. Ability to handle multiple
tasks and projects simultaneously, establish priorities, organize
and plan work.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated ability to satisfy deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office products, including
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , Sr Training Developer, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!