Tax Research Analyst-S
Company: H&R Block
Location: KANSAS CITY
Posted on: July 21, 2021
What you'll do...
Researches moderately complex state and local tax issues and drafts
memoranda and guidance documents for various internal departments
and tax teams. Analyzes, evaluates, and recommends tax forms to add
to existing suite of tax products. Assists with state programs and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches, analyzes, and evaluates current year state tax
forms, vendor specifications, letters of intent, and requirements
to identify, document, and advise company of tax changes impacting
company compliance with state Departments of Revenue.
- Assists tax software developers by researching and answering
tax related questions.
- Uses developed research skills to unravel moderately complex
tax situations into the fundamental tax points as they are
applicable to current, proposed, or past law.
- Makes recommendations to tax product teams on forms that may
need to be added to or removed from the existing suite of
- Coordinates, develops, and/or assists in researching tax issues
to support other corporate departments such as Government
Relations, Media Relations, Marketing, Legal, Insurance, Software
Development, Pricing & Analytics, and Field Training.
- Coordinates and/or participates in work teams as necessary for
the analysis and preparation of summaries of passed and proposed
- Edits, reviews, and fact checks a variety of tax-related
materials produced by self and others to verify accuracy and
completeness of material.
- Ensures that assigned projects are completed on or before
agreed upon deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in business related field or commensurate tax
- Graduate degree in accounting, tax, or law, or progress towards
completion of such degree, or completion of Judicial Clerkship is
- Circular 230 designation (attorney, CPA, or EA) is also highly
- A minimum of 1 year tax research, tax preparation, or related
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and correctly formulate
solutions to moderately complex tax situations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in multi-state tax preparation or concepts preferred
but not required.
- Ability to perform assignments in a highly detailed and
- Ability to treat confidential information with professionalism
- Proficiency with Windows-based computer systems
- Proficiency with PC applications including but not limited to
Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with at least one online tax research tool (RIA,
CCH, BNA, Lexis, or similar)
- Master's degree in Tax, Business, Accounting, Finance, or other
- Judicial Clerkship or experience writing memoranda of law
- Circular 230 designation
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through
a combination of education and related work experience.
- 1 year Minimum related work experience
- Novice (limited experience) Ability to handle multiple tasks
and projects simultaneously.
- Novice (limited experience) Ability to interact effectively in
a matrix environment and with all levels within the company.
- Novice (limited experience) Demonstrated critical, conceptual,
intellectual, and problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate (practical application) Ability to interpret,
analyze and correctly formulate solutions to highly complex tax
- Intermediate (practical application) Demonstrated ability to
effectively research complex tax issues and effectively communicate
- Intermediate (practical application) Proficiency with at least
one online tax research tool.
- Intermediate (practical application) Knowledge of tax research
principles, procedures and techniques.
- Advanced (applied theory) Writing skills to explain complex tax
information in a clear manner and in plain language.
- Advanced (applied theory) Operational knowledge of tax law and
regulations sufficient to understand and explain elements of
personal, corporate, partnership, fiduciary, estate, gift, and
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , Tax Research Analyst-S, Other , KANSAS CITY, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!