Senior Software Engineer - Remote
Company: H&R Block
Location: KANSAS CITY
Posted on: July 21, 2021
What you'll do...
At H&R Block we are modernizing our software architecture which
is generating a need for more talent. We are looking for
problem-solving difference-makers to help us with new approaches,
challenges, and designs working on complex systems.
We are investing heavily in our technology transformation moving to
serverless infrastructure and cloud-native applications, as well as
a continuous everything approach - improvement, development,
testing, implementation, delivery, and learning; we are innovating
Our people are the key to our success, and we are investing in
talent opportunities. We encourage learning, experimenting, and
exploration. If this type of innovation and learning is enticing to
you and if you embrace and implement Agile practices, we are
looking for you.
The Customer Data Platform team leverages the power of data,
analytics, robotics, science and cognitive technologies to uncover
hidden relationships from vast troves of Tax and Financial data,
generate insights, and inform decision-making.
DataOps & Cognitive Engineer will work with Enterprise Platform
- Implement data ecosystems including data management, operations
and the integration of structured and unstructured data to generate
insights leveraging Cognitive Services from Cloud-based
- Leverage automation, cognitive and science-based techniques to
manage data, predict scenarios and prescribe actions.
- Drive operational efficiency by maintaining data ecosystems,
analytics expertise and providing service offerings for continuous
insights and improvements.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with MS Azure to include:
- SQL Server on Azure
- Azure Synapse Analytics/SQL DW
- Azure Resource Manager (ARM) templates
- Azure Cognitive Services
- Familiarity with Azure PaaS service offerings
- MS Azure Certifications
- Experience with other leading commercial Cloud platforms,
including GCP and AWS
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the
ability to exercise mature judgment
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization is
What you'll bring to the team...
- 3+ years of relevant technology consulting or industry
experience with ability to contribute to an end-to-end Architecture
and Solution overview using Microsoft Azure tools
- At least one full life cycle implementation using MS Azure
- 3+ years' experience with SQL and Programming Language
- 1+ years' experience with Azure Cognitive Services
- 1+ years' experience with Azure Stream/Stream Analytics
- 1+ years' experience working with Social Media Data and other
- 2+ years of knowledge and practical, hands-on experience in
deep learning (e.g. CNN, RNN, LSTM, GAN, etc.), reinforcement
learning, ML Frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.)
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , Senior Software Engineer - Remote, Other , KANSAS CITY, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!