Manager, Security Compliance
Company: H&R Block
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: July 21, 2021
What you'll do...
At H&R Block we are maturing our security organization, and
partnering with all aspects of the business to drive
security-forward solutions. We are looking for problem-solving
difference-makers to help us with new approaches, challenges, and
designs working on complex systems.
We are investing heavily in our technology transformation moving to
serverless infrastructure and cloud-native applications, as well as
a continuous everything approach - improvement, development,
testing, implementation, delivery, and learning; we are innovating
Our people are the key to our success, and we are investing in
talent opportunities. We encourage learning, experimenting, and
exploration. If this type of innovation and learning is enticing to
you and if you embrace and implement Agile practices, we are
looking for you.
JOB SUMMARY -
Directs, manages, and coach's teams within the Information Security
Group; specifically related to compliance and related functions.
This role drives a security focused culture and leads the
optimization and integration of information security capabilities
across the business. The Manager will be responsible for strategy
and tactical execution related to assessing compliance, driving
compliance within future initiatives and deployment of technology
and automation to support and enhance functions within this
organization. This position assesses the security posture of
H&R Block and its global technology partners. This position
monitors and reports on the organization's compliance against
established programs to senior leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES -
- Manages security operations including organization and
- Conducts employment interviews, makes hiring decisions, and
participates in corrective action and termination discussions and
- Sets daily priorities and assigns tasks and projects to team
members as required.
- Monitors and provides periodic status updates and risk
assessments on each project.
- Monitors performance and develops team members to ensure
consistent, effective, and efficient processes and results.
- Prepares and delivers associate quarterly and annual
performance reviews, including performance metrics for each
- May be engaged in developing and managing a budget for assigned
- Design, develop, implement, and support compliance functions
and technology solutions
- Support development of H&R Block security policies and
procedures; including as it relates to cloud technology.
- Lead compliance efforts for the H&R Block IT
- Partner with organizations across the H&R Block enterprise
to identify potential risk, develop mitigation plans and monitor
- Represent H&R Block with external parties; including
regulators and industry forums.
- Maintain a thorough understanding multiple control and
regulatory frameworks, including NIST, ISO, STIGS, PCI, SOX, CCPA
- Partner closely with internal and external auditors to deliver
SOX, PCI and STIGS testing and reporting
- Lead integration and automation projects within security
- Review and analyze existing processes and suggest improvements
for increased security and efficiency
- Evaluate and monitor external and internal security threat
levels, the organization's defense posture, associated risks, and
- Advise leadership on security gaps, operational issues and
industry trends which require prioritization, funding, or
- Establish and leverage relationships to ensure security
initiatives are properly assessed, documented, and
- Analyze new requirements, standards, and capabilities to
determine feasibility and timing of implementation of
- May serve as subject matter expert on complex, high risk
security efforts, designing and developing security testing
- Lead complex, high risk, high impact security projects.
- Estimates project hours and resources required.
- Manage project work plan and resources.
- Develops status reports and update senior management with
progress as necessary.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also
- Demonstrated knowledge of information security discipline via
relevant industry certifications (e.g., CISSP, CAP, CISM, GSEC,
- Experience with Onspring
- Experience with BMC Helix, Saviynt and Microsoft Azure
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through
a combination of education and related work experience.
- 8 years Minimum related work experience
- Five or more years' experience in a position requiring IT
technical problem solving skills.
- Minimum of 3 years' supervisory and/or training experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in information security;
- Thorough understanding of IT related regulations (e.g., SOX,
PCI) and frameworks (e.g., NIST, ISO 27001).
- Ability to lead enterprise level projects, successfully work
cross functionally and interface with internal and external
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , Manager, Security Compliance, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!