Sr. Data Scientist
Company: H&R Block
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: July 21, 2021
What you'll do...
At H&R Block, your contributions will go far beyond any job
description. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of
a forward-thinking company - one that defined an industry and is
now leading it's transformation.
You will work as a member of the Machine Learning Lab where expert
data scientists and lifelong learners will feel at home and thrive.
This team produces impactful results while gaining and creating
knowledge along the way. Our purpose is to leverage data science to
build data products of repeatable value.
Sr Data Scientist: Develops pipelines and codes algorithms and
automated processes to cleanse, integrate and build meaningful
solutions from multiple data sources. Serves as an internal
consultant in identifying opportunities to improve decision making
and client experience through the application of AI / ML.
- Consult with internal clients to understand proposed projects.
Conduct appropriate analyses to estimate project impacts.
- Design, develop, implement, and continuously improve various
- Deploy and iterate models via CI/CD.
- Identify and anticipate requirements to support current and
future modeling efforts.
- Apply appropriate techniques to develop models that support
H&R Block clients and business partners.
- Track and improve model performance
- Other duties as assigned
It would be even better if you also
- Expertise in data architectures & data modeling, APIs, and
leveraging big data through distributed computing.
- Extreme expertise in a specific analytical technique (e.g.,
NLP, computer vision, deep / reinforcement learning).
- Experience working with real-time or near real-time data.
- Understanding of software development principles a plus
What you'll bring to the team...
- Advanced degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics,
Computer Science, Economics, Operations Research, or other related
field or an equivalent combination of education and
- A minimum of five years model development, statistical
methodologies, or quantitative analysis experience.
- Experience working with big data, big data platforms &
- Expert in Python or R.
- Demonstrated experience developing and monitoring fully
productionalized ML solutions.
- Expert level application of frequently used ML algorithms and
experience with deep learning algorithms.
- Ability to use a systematic approach in solving problems
through analysis and evaluation of alternative solutions.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , Sr. Data Scientist, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!