Sr Data Engineer
Company: H&R Block
Location: KANSAS CITY
Posted on: July 21, 2021
What you'll do...
At H&R Block, your contributions will go far beyond any job
description. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of
a forward-thinking company - one that defined an industry and is
now leading its transformation. H&R Block is transforming tax
preparation through data to ensure that every client we serve gets
the best tax outcome possible.
We are continuing to build our Data Engineering Team in the Data
Science & Analytics organization. This team owns the technology and
data capabilities of the end-to-end data-and-analytics function. It
takes responsibility for building and maintaining the analytical
technologies that the data science teams use, managing data at an
enterprise scale, leveraging relationships with IT teams throughout
the enterprise, and leading information architecture.
We are looking for talented, curious, and creative Senior data
engineer. You will be a good match for our organization if you
- Motivated by the idea of building something innovative,
transformative, and impactful.
- Committed to the idea that data can drive experiences and
products that wow our business partners and clients
- Obsessed with defying expectations and raising the bar
- Driven by an innate sense of ownership for the products you
- Design and deploy architecture, solutions, and software to
capture, manage, store, and use structured and unstructured data
from internal and external sources in both on-prem and cloud
- Deploy machine-learning models and other data-science products
across the enterprise.
- Navigate the balance between business needs, data governance
best practices, and technical requirements.
- Select or develop tools to cleanse, organize, and transform
data and to maintain, defend, and update data structures and
integrity on an automated basis.
- Develop data products to facilitate self-service capabilities
and assist the data teams to increase their efficiency and
- Collaborate and communicate effectively within cross-functional
teams that span internal Data Science & Analytics teams, IT,
business groups, and executive stakeholders.
- Be a positive force to cultivate a culture that is passionate
about developing data tools as a business driver.
It would be even better if you also
- Master of Science degree in a related field or the equivalent
through a combination of education and related work
- Advanced (applied theory) Develop and deploy new tools to help
protect, govern, validate and maintain the data sources used by the
data science and analytics team.
- Advanced (applied theory) Experience Applying ML to data
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical
field (or equivalent work experience and technical skills)
- Three years minimum related work experience
- One year minimum experience leveraging the Azure technology
- Data warehousing and ETL solutions
- APIs in a microservices architecture
- NoSQL implementations (MongoDB)
- Developing software solutions to solve complex business
- Working with data scientists and other data users
- Intermediate (practical application) Relationship building and
conflict management skills
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , Sr Data Engineer, Other , KANSAS CITY, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!