Speech Pathologist Relief
Location: Shawnee Mission
Posted on: July 20, 2021
Pathologist Relief AdventHealth Shawnee
Address: 9100 W.
Mission, KS 66204
Top Reasons To
Work At AdventHealth Shawnee
recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in
faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since
benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness
reimbursement to support continuing
care provider in Johnson County with three
2 Weekend Days/month required
You Will Be
- Maintains a professional team relationship with co-workers by
being considerate of workloads, assisting with duties and being
supportive toward their continued growth.
- Punctual with returning pages and phone calls, and for
scheduled work hours, meetings, and patient treatment.
- Maintains a good attendance record.
- Communicates honestly and confronts issues and problems in a
- Respects each discipline’s expertise and knowledge; doesn’t
question someone’s expertise in front of the patient/family.
- Projects a positive image through high professional standards
of conduct and appearance.
- Promotes the dignity of our customers by maintaining patient
- Utilizes computer access confidentially, appropriately and
following HIPAA guidelines, including appropriate use of social
- Adheres to hospital and department policies.
- Utilizes modalities/procedures with knowledge of
contraindications related to age and diagnosis.
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns
into decision-making and organizational action.
- Completes all documentation in accordance with department,
practice, policy and procedure.
- Provides complete patient care from initial evaluation through
discharge with instruction for post discharge care in accordance
with department, practice, policies and procedures.
- Screens and identifies communication and swallowing
- Evaluates and diagnoses communication and swallowing
- Interprets diagnostic findings to patient, family, and referral
- Develops home programs for patients.
- Develops programs to be used at schools to reinforce
- Sends consultation and progress reports to referral
- Provides educational training for family members of persons
with communication and swallowing disorders.
- Reviews and revises treatment programs as indicated.
- Starts patient care on time.
- Demonstrates the initiative to learn and apply new processes
and procedures by attending inservices, pertinent continuing
education seminars, and reading professional journals.
- Responsible for inservicing staff after attendance at
seminars/conventions, as appropriate.
- Ability to anticipate customers’ needs and go the extra
- Attends case conferences, IEP meetings, etc.
- Assists in developing Speech Pathology protocols.
- Provides educational programs to other hospital departments,
physicians, nurses and other health care professionals.
- Participates in student supervision as indicated.
- Applies new developments in communication and swallowing
disorders to departmental protocols.
- Develops integrated protocols with other hospital
- Exemplifies customer service.
- Participates on department committees as appropriate.
- Participates constructively in department inservices, meetings,
- Takes initiative to complete mandatory job requirements;
assumes responsibility for role in Associate Achievement
- Sends information as requested to insurance companies and
- Discontinues treatment when functional goals are met and
notifies referral source.
- Reports any equipment or maintenance problems to Facilities
Management/Biomed, Rehab Coordinator, or Department Director.
- Obtains appropriate referrals/authorizations to assist the
patient and secures reimbursement.
- Charges for patient treatment and supplies in an equitable
- Maintains flexibility to assure department standards for
- Positively impacts clinical, economic and customer satisfaction
- Assists the patients to maximize their available resources,
e.g., insurance coverage, supply and equipment resources.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize workload in
an efficient and productive manner in the assigned work time.
What You Will
- Kansas License Speech Language Pathologist
- AHA Healthcare Provider CPR
- Master's Degree
- 2-5 Years Experience Preferred
Responsible for the assessment and
treatment of persons with communication and swallowing disorders.
The Speech Pathologist will screen, evaluate, diagnose,
provide therapy, and education for a variety of communication and
swallowing disorders in children and adults. Works directly
with physicians, dentists, teachers, audiologists, Speech
Pathologists, Physical/Occupational Therapists, Physical
Therapist Assistants, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants,
and Rehabilitation office staff. Exemplifies customer
This facility is an equal
opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth, Kansas City , Speech Pathologist Relief, Other , Shawnee Mission, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!