Sr Payroll Specialist
Company: H&R Block
Location: KANSAS CITY
Posted on: July 19, 2021
What you'll do...
As a Sr Payroll Specialist you will support
payroll processing for a multi-state, multi-entity company
processing regular on-cycle, off-cycle and on demand payments as
required, to ensure employee wages are paid timely and accurately
every cycle. This includes reconciling accounts, audit and peer
reviews to ensure accuracy of time and attendance, base pay,
overtime, incentive pay and taxes, as well as garnishment
Day to Day you'll ...
- Completes assigned processes for multi-state payroll for hourly
and/or salaried associates including time and attendance, base pay,
overtime, incentive pay, taxes, etc.
- Completes assigned processes for month-end/quarter-end
reconciliation of hours worked, earnings, elected benefits
deductions, taxes, etc.
- Completes peer reviews to ensure accuracy of time and
attendance, base pay, overtime, incentive pay, taxes, etc.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement to increase
efficiencies and eliminate errors.
- Participates in assigned projects including year-end, end of
season, annual audits, incentive comp plans, system conversions/
- Works with vendor to ensure accurate garnishment processing,
including receipt of garnishment paperwork, reconciliation of
payments and other supporting tasks.
- Completes research, resolves and responds to manager, HR and/or
associate payroll inquiries.
- Supports payroll tax team as needed.
It would be even better if you also
- Experience using Workday Payroll
What you'll bring to the team...
- Associate's degree in a related field or the equivalent through
a combination of education and related work experience.
- 2 years Minimum related work experience
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage and
prioritize work in order to achieve critical deadlines.
- Organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include oral and written
- Intermediate MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience with Excel formulas like SUM, COUNT and
VLOOKUP as well as pivot table are required.
- 2 years Experience in Human Resources, Payroll, Accounting,
Finance or related field
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , Sr Payroll Specialist, Other , KANSAS CITY, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!