Heavy Equipment Operator - Benefits Day One!!
Company: Martin Marietta
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: July 19, 2021
Martin Marietta is currently looking for motivated,
reliable individuals for our production crew. These individuals
will be responsible for running a variety of different equipment
including; drillers, scalers, loaders and haul trucks. This
position will be working on average 70 hours per week with time and
a half being paid for any hours worked over 40 hours.
- Must be able to or willing to learn to operate all other
mobile equipment, including: haul truck, motor grader, water truck,
loader and crane.
- Assist in plant repairs and clean-up.
- Perform pre-shift safety inspection on
- Perform preventative maintenance and service mobile
- Report needed repairs to shop personnel.
- Responsible for good housekeeping of
- Adhere to MSHA and plant safety rules and
- Perform duties with minimum supervision.
Minimum Education and
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Strongly prefer previous experience operating heavy
Knowledge, Skills and
- Must be able to read equipment operating
- Must be able to complete pre-shift inspection
- Must be able to communicate in English on radio or
- Possess basic mathematical aptitude to complete daily
- Must be able to wear all required safety
- Must be able to perform duties in a safe
- Must be able to read and interpret gauges.
- Proven ability to work in a TEAM environment.
- Must have good hand/eye coordination and be able to
operate hand/foot controls.
- Possess good vision to perceive depth at close range and
distances up to 150 feet.
- Must be able to limb on and off equipment to operate and
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb and reach around
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to sit and operate equipment for long
periods up to 10+ hours per day.
- Must work outside in all weather conditions consistent
with extreme ambient temperatures: heat, cold, wetness, dryness,
dust, and noisy conditions.
- Must be able to work at various heights.
Larger equipment is typically air conditioned. There will
be times when outside assignments that may require periods of work
in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry. May have exposure
to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc.
Keywords: Martin Marietta, Kansas City , Heavy Equipment Operator - Benefits Day One!!, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!