CT Tech PRN
Company: Adventist Health System
Location: Shawnee Mission
Posted on: June 9, 2021
CT Technologist PRN Advent Health Shawnee Mission
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
- Received Magnet recognition from the American Nurses
Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Maintains all the essential job functions of the CT
- Rotates "on call" status
- Reviews scheduled patient's requisitions and chart before
- Administers opaque contrast material as directed by
- Starts IV's on out patients that require IV contrast.
- Draw labs for Creatine when possible to expedite patient
- Communicate with nurses and physicians to expedite patient
- Locate orders, lab work, allergies and any other related
resources on the patient in Power Chart.
- Send images to VRC in a timely manner and scan VRC report into
- Gives oral contrast, when scheduled, to abdomen and pelvis CAT
Scan patients one to two hours prior to exams.
- Participate in the training of new CT techs.
- Operates Cerner System, proficiently, trouble shoots problems
with orders and makes corrections within scope of user level.
- Complete and charge exams correctly on Cerner System.
- Send all exams to PACS System and know what to do if PACS is
- Adheres to radiation safety standards.
- Assumes responsibility for assigned area and reports equipment
- Follows "Standard of Behavior" guidelines per hospital
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns
into decision-making and organizational action.
- Follows the AIDET model (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration,
Explanation and Thank) Personalized Patient Care Every Patient
- Maintains ethical relationships and cooperates with all
personnel in proper conduct of department
- Demonstrates commitment of personal and professional
development, and pursues appropriate continuing education.
- Professional appearance is in accordance with dress code
- Attends a minimum of 50% of scheduled department meetings and
is accountable for obtaining information from missed meetings.
- Provides patient transportation when needed.
- Performs other related duties as required and deemed necessary
per Radiology Director or Manager.
- Adhere to the PRN guidelines
What You Will Need:
- Associate's Degree or Graduate of a Technical School
- Kansas State License LRT
- Nationally Registered ARRT
- ARRT Registered CT Technologist
- AHA Healthcare Provider CPR
Under the direction of a Radiologist, performs CAT Scan
procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision
of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures
that will require independent judgment with ingenuity and
initiative to acquire Cat Scan images for radiological diagnosis.
Must keep room clean and stocked with supplies that are required to
perform CAT Scan procedures
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: Adventist Health System, Kansas City , CT Tech PRN, Other , Shawnee Mission, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!