Cyber Security Analyst
Company: Konica Minolta
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Job Req ID: 11466
Job Title: Cyber Security Analyst
All Covered, IT Services Division of Konica Minolta Business
Solutions (KMBS), is the leading national IT services company
serving SMB to enterprise markets. Offering a wide variety of
career opportunities, All Covered is an excellent choice for
motivated IT professionals interested in a stimulating and
progressive work environment.
With over 1,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, All
Covered has a highly skilled team of professionals focusing on
superior quality service delivery to our customers. We offer
hands-on technical training on the most relevant technologies in
the industry and career path advancement in all levels of the
Please join us in our exciting growth and pursue a rewarding
career with All Covered!
The Cyber Security Analyst will support proactive 24 x 7
monitoring of the information environment to detect, analyze,
track, and mitigate external threats utilizing a multi-tenant
security information and event management system (SIEM) and other
tools used to provide managed security services. The Cyber Security
Analyst is well versed in numerous security technologies,
understands the motivations and capabilities of Advanced Persistent
Threat actors and can communicate risks and make recommendations
associated with specific network threats. You will support the
Network Operation Center (NOC), Remote Support Center (RSC) and
field engineering personnel in the mitigation and remediation of
host and network based vulnerabilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Evaluate security solutions and monitor various Security blogs,
alerts and notifications, RSS feeds and forums in order to keep
abreast of the latest security news, attacks, threats,
vulnerabilities and exploits
- Review and analyze data and network traffic from numerous
security tools such as full packet captures and security device
logs in order to detect traffic anomalies, identify infected
systems and determine lateral movement of infections across the
- Contribute to incident response, maintaining relevant
communication in emails, ticket summaries, analysis and reporting.
Work with Incident Handlers to provide recommendations for
remediation of compromised systems and any relevant
- Coordinate with security vendors to ensure detection signatures
are updated to detect files that have made it past current e-mail
and network security appliances
- Conduct basic static and dynamic malware analysis
- SMTP Header analysis and e-mail routing behaviors
- Review, create or document standard operating procedures,
recommendations, project specific documents and resource guides as
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- In-depth knowledge of operating systems (Windows & UNIX, Mac OS
X a plus)
- Expert understanding of TCP/IP networking, routing protocols
and full packet capture analysis
- In-depth network security expertise including firewall, IDS and
- Understanding of a variety of security tools including firewall
logs, intrusion detection systems, windows logs, event management,
packet capture, packet sniffing technology.
- Experience with reviewing raw log files, data correlation, and
analysis (i.e. firewall, network flow, IDS, system logs)
- Static and dynamic malware analysis experience
- Knowledge in use of various Malware Sandbox environments
- Digital forensics experience focusing on Windows systems from a
- Knowledge of enterprise systems and infrastructure
- Proven understanding of log parsing and analysis at a large
scale with data clustering tools or techniques
- Experience with a scripting language such as Perl, Ruby,
Python, and BASH
- Ability to coordinate, work with and gain the trust of business
stakeholders, technical resources, and third-party vendors.
- Able to work under pressure in time critical situations.
- Strong attention to detail in conducting forensic analysis
combined with an ability to accurately record full documentation in
support of the investigation.
- Detailed knowledge of current international best practices in
the incident response arena.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are
- Ability to communicate effectively with business
representatives in explaining impacts and strategies and where
necessary, in layman's terms.
Experience, Educational Reqts and Certifications
- 3+ year's Cyber Security Incident Response, Security Operations
Center and/or Attack Analysis in a large, mission-critical
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Business Management, or
Technology related fields a major plus
- Industry standard information security and incident response
certifications (CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GREM, etc) are a plus.
- Memberships and participation in relevant professional
Konica Minolta Offers:
- Outstanding benefits package (including medical, dental,
vision, life insurance)
- 401(k) plan with matching company contribution
- Generous holiday and paid time off schedules
- Ongoing professional development training
- Visible, exciting work supporting sales of cutting edge
technology and workflow solutions.
Konica Minolta is an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin,
sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender
identity, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital
status or partnership status, genetic information, veteran status
or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Keywords: Konica Minolta, Kansas City , Cyber Security Analyst, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!