Company: NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Job #: 36588 Title: Test Engineer Job Location: Kansas City, Kansas
- United States Employment Type: Salary: $60,000.00 - $90,000.00 -
US Dollars - Yearly Employer Will Recruit From: Local Relocation
Paid?: Negotiable WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY? This opportunity
is with a great organization who apply`s leading-edge technology to
design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions
that meet their customers` evolving needs, and touch the lives of
millions of people every day. You would be apart of a growing team
who welcomes colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with
responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of
working at a business with an almost 170-year history of
innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field!
Job Summary: Designs, develops, and executes tests and analysis for
prototyping, design verification and qualification of existing and
new products that includes engineering test fixtures and test
systems as needed. Responsibilities:
- Works under limited supervision to plan, develop and execute
qualification and test of engineering designs to customer and/or
- Recommends equipment for test and develops solutions for
systems to improve efficiencies in the testing environment.
- Interprets customer specifications and writes test procedures
to qualify new and existing products.
- Notifies stakeholders of at risk events or test failures in a
- Keeps projects on time and notifies stakeholders of slippage of
agreed upon timelines.
- Designs and develops fixtures for testing and characterization
of engineering designs.
- Procures items needed for test and development of product.
- Sources and monitors external labs performing test or
evaluation to ensure adherence to specifications.
- Determines effectiveness of test procedures and methods
ensuring adherence to specifications.
- Reviews test data for accuracy, quality and fidelity prior to
delivery to stakeholders.
- Prepares test and failure reports and can articulate and
present results to stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Responsible for prototyping and evaluation of new products in
leading edge applications.
- Specify tooling and equipment needed to support the production
- Support, contribute and promote a safe work environment.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with company policies.
Planning and Decision Making:
- Coordinates with project team to ensure milestones are achieved
and risks are mitigated.
- Provides test plans, schedules and cost work sheets for
qualification of new and existing products.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment,
systems, tools and process to increase organizational
- Analyzes and resolves work problems and/or assists others in
solving work problems.
- Relies on experience, analytical capacity, problem solving
skills/tools and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Impact and
- Contributes to Functional KPI goals.
- Collaborates across multiple sites and geographies.
- Employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle
or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit and talk
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Key Internal and External Relationships:
- Be able to lead or contribute to cross-functional teams in
product development cycle.
- Interface with customers & supply chain during the development
cycle and conduct customer visits as necessary.
- Be able to train Internal and External stakeholders on our
products and capabilities. QUALIFICATIONS Technical Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors degree or better in Electrical Engineering or
- 0-5 years of related engineering work experience.
- Preferred knowledge of statistical methods and tools to
determine product adherence to specification.
- Preferred understanding of electromechanical products
- Preferred knowledge of MIL-Spec and other
Space/Defense/Aerospace/Medical industry specifications.
- Preferred experience of performing Root Cause Analysis
utilizing standard problem solving tools and methodologies.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling using drawing and simulation
- Experienced in programming with VB.NET, VBA, and Labview.
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, Powerpoint, Word, and
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
Keywords: NPAworldwide Recruitment Network, Kansas City , Test Engineer, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!