Local Account Executive - Kansas City, MO or Omaha, NE
Company: Mutual of Omaha
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Provides comprehensive, individualized, and responsive service
to assigned key accounts, contributing to the retention of group
premium income. Manages the overall customer and broker
relationship to maximize customer satisfaction and contributes to
retention goals impacting Group Division profitability. Supports
division staff and provides end-to-end direct customer support,
problem resolution, technical support, training and project
support. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Attains retention goals as defined by management. Contributes
proactively to the retention of key clients. Manages accounts
including external customer relationships with Brokers and clients
to ensure the scope and quality of services are met.
- Functions as a consultant to account clients regarding their
plan needs. Provides direction and suggestions to both internal and
external clients/brokers. Participates in product development,
service upgrades, and enhancement activities based on industry
demands. Assists in the development of alternative processes to
meet customer satisfaction.
- Investigates and resolves customer issues and operating
complications that occur in or between third parties or internal
departments. Coordinates and leads all issue resolution from start
to finish will all applicable parties.
- Participates in the development of marketing and communication
materials, programs, and presentations, which improve the
marketability of the Group products and services to assist with
meeting sales and financial goals. Materials include pre-sale,
installation, enrollment, and ongoing service phases. Determines
educational needs of clients and synthesizes material into
appropriate client communication pieces.
- Leads presentations, ongoing client review meetings, online web
capabilities demos, and broker meetings as needed, in conjunction
with Group Office.
- Stays abreast of industry trends, governmental changes
affecting Group Plans and maintains an awareness of existing and
developing market trends. Monitors and maintains information
related to industry trends and competitor products through
consultants, industry contacts, surveys, studies, and attendance at
- Partners effectively with internal Home Office and Group Office
associates to provide support to key clients and brokers.
- Exchanges information with assigned key accounts for
anticipating and identifying potential customer needs. Communicates
key account needs and recommends solutions to appropriate
- Provides quality and thorough customer service by investigating
key account service complaints, coordinates responses to customer
questions and concerns, creates customer-specific action plans, and
develops specific recommendations to improve customer satisfaction.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within
the department and the larger organization. You value different
ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in
all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed
- Extensive and successful account management & client service
experience in the Group services marketplace, evidenced by previous
performance of designated account management and relationship
- Demonstrated experience researching and resolving complex
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality and thorough customer
service by investigating key account service complaints,
coordinates responses to customer questions and concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to create individualized action plans and
recommendations to improve process flow and customer
- Demonstrated ability to think and conceptualize beyond existing
barriers, methods, and practices and utilize sound and independent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service, negotiation, and human relations
- Working knowledge of competitors products and services.
- Ability to comprehend contracts, plan documents, and enrollment
- Ability to travel (66%) and a valid driver's license. WHAT WE
CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community
and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company.
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development.
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental,
vision, disability and life insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time
- For more information regarding available benefits, please visit
our Career Site.
- Salary range 80,000-110,000
- Pay commensurate with experience. MUTUAL OF OMAHA: Mutual of
Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and
39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an
environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment,
innovate and grow in their own unique career path. From day one,
youll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here youll do
meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on
peoples lives as we help our customers protect what they care about
and achieve their financial goals. Each associate is a unique
contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive
workplace. We want you to become engaged --- feel a sense of
belonging --- and contribute to the companys exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND
EMPOWER YOUR CAREER. For inquiries about the position or
application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-. If you are a
qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you
have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or
limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a
result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a
Human Resources Representative at 1-. We are available Monday
through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity
/Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status. To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not
accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for
any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Mutual of Omaha, Kansas City , Local Account Executive - Kansas City, MO or Omaha, NE, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!