Position Summary/Career Interest:
The University of Kansas Health System is looking for dynamic
individuals to join our Cardiac Cath Lab Team. We have several
tiers of positions available depending on your level of experience
. New graduates are welcome!
The Cardiac Cath Lab Tech performs advanced diagnostic and
interventional cardiac procedures, peripheral vascular procedures,
and structural heart procedures in the Cardiac Cath Lab. Cardiac
Cath Lab Technicians are responsible for scrubbing, monitoring, and
assisting providers as requested. Technicians respond with the team
to patient distress situations and assist with equipment quality
control and inventory management. Responsibilities:
* Assist in transporting patients to nursing units.
* Attends to patient needs during cardiac lab procedures.
* Circulates during procedure, as applicable.
* Obtains and records hemodynamic, electrical, and angiographic
data by operating hemodynamic and electrical amplifiers and digital
and line fluoroscopic equipment.
* Participates in life-saving measures such as defibrillation
and cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
* Participates in On-call per established call schedule, if
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Prepares patient and equipment for cardiac lab procedures by
preparing site of entry, draping patient, arranging sterilized
instruments and catheters, and calibrating and setting up pressure
transducers and tubing.
* Prepares the Cardiac Lab procedures rooms by ensuring that
adequate stock is available.
* Scrubs during procedure, as applicable. Assists the physician
in maneuvering catheters.
* Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or
technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
* Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential
functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon
your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Requirements for ALL Levels Cardiac Cath Lab Techs (I & II):
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Graduate of an accredited Radiology Tech Program or accredited
* **Previous experience scrubbing in a Cardiac Cath,
Interventional Radiology or Electrophysiology Lab and an Associates
Degree in a Health Science may be substituted for the professional
education requirement above
* Cardiac Cath Lab Tech I - no professional experience required,
but must meet education requirements outlined above
* Cardiac Cath Lab Tech II - minimum 3 years Cath Lab Tech
experience in a cardiac interventional lab
* BLS Certification - American Heart Association
* ACLS Certification - American Heart Association required
within 6 months of hire
* RCIS must be acquired within 2 years
* Knowledge of radiation safety
* Basic EKG interpretation
* High ability to learn and use multiple imaging hemodynamic and
medical record systems
Preferred Qualifications for ALL Levels Cardiac Cath Lab Techs
(I & II):
* ARRT Certifications (R) (American Registry of Radiology
* Registration as a Cardiovascular Technologist (RCVT)
* Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS)
* Knowledge in computer-based imaging and hemodynamic
* Proficient in EKG interpretation
* Basic knowledge of cardiac anatomy and pathophysiology
* Bachelor's Degree