Front Desk Associate
Company: US Fitness
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Front Desk Associates are responsible for providing exceptional
service to members, guests, visitors and staff at the front desk,
both in-person and over the phone.-- Front Desk Associates are
expected to surpass all expectations under the management of the
Front Desk Supervisor and with support of the Front Desk Team.--
Most importantly, Front Desk Associates will build rapport with all
members, visitors and guests to create a welcoming environment.
- Deliver the ultimate fitness experience to every member, every
- Provide the highest level of customer service to all members,
guests and visitors upon arrival
- Professionally greet and check in members, guests, and visitors
upon arrival and thank them as they leave
- Actively recruit and retain members
- Answer questions, solve problems, and refer comments and
- Answer phones, field questions, and route calls in keeping with
Front Desk standards
- Perform cash, check, and credit card transactions
- Schedule courts and program services for members
- Maintain a clean and organized front desk and lobby area
- Use online computer software for member check-ins, updating
member accounts as needed
- Attend all scheduled meetings and trainings
- Understand and follow employee standards of conduct and
- Understand and uphold club building, facilities, service,
program, and emergency procedures
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Work morning, evening, and weekend shifts as necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Strong work ethic that includes punctuality, organization, and
attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a friendly, enthusiastic, and positive
- Outwardly facing professional appearance to include a smile,
uniform, and name tag
- Confidence and desire to create new relationships quickly
- Ability to quickly acquire and apply new knowledge and
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, email, MS Windows)
- Familiarity with basic cash-handling procedures
Required Experience, Education & Certifications:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Six months experience in a health club, customer service, or
retail role preferred
- Current CPR/AED certification required (if you don u0027t have
current CPR/AED certification you will be required to get certified
within 60 days of employment)
Physical Activities, Physical Requirements, Visual Acuity, &
Physical demands listed here are representative of those that must
be met to successfully perform essential job functions. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long
distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Using upper extremities to press against something with steady
force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul
or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving
objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is
important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires
substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with
fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important
spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with
or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information
through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the
wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm
and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that
for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is
rated for light work.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform
an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures;
transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading;
visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or
operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement
devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse
environmental conditions (such as in typical office or
All US Fitness team members receive:
- Complimentary Membership and Guest Privileges
- Discounts on Personal Training, Mind&Body, Aquatics, and
- Discounts on Serenity Day Spa Services and all apparel
- Employee Referral Gift
- In-house Continuing Education Credits and CEC Reimbursement
Additional Full Time Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Benefits and Group Life
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
Relocation:Candidates outside of the specified area are welcome to
apply but if selected for an interview, they must be willing to
travel at own cost. Relocation assistance is not offered.
US FITNESS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
EEO is the LAW
EEO is the LAW Supplement
Keywords: US Fitness, Kansas City , Front Desk Associate, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!