Investment Control Liaison II
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: February 16, 2020
The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting
regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find DST, helping clients find opportunity in
ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory
requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and
evolving challenge - one that only a few people can embrace and
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right
fit for you.
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services
and software for the financial services and healthcare industries.
Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue,
SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+
employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial
services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest
institutions to local firms, manage and account for their
investments using SS&C's products and services.
The Investment Control Liaison II performs a variety of Control
Department functions under general supervision in the following
areas: Cash Reconciliation, Dividends, and Commissions. This role
performs all responsibilities in compliance with established
policies, procedures, standards and deadlines.
- Interacts with operations departments at SS&C (DST), State
Street Bank and/or other custodian banks, clients, and other client
service providers on a daily basis to exchange information and
resolve problems of moderate complexity within specified
- Maintains appropriate files, records and reports as
- May provide task-specific training or demonstration to
- Escalates complex and/or sensitive problem items to more
- Identifies and researches problem/exception items and works to
find appropriate resolutions.
- Performs internal and external reconciliation of medium to
large volume accounts of moderate complexity. Initiates money
movements between transfer agency and clients' banks (SSB and
others) through automatic or manual transmissions (wire transfers)
as appropriate. Balances incoming and outgoing cash to transactions
processed and movement of funds.
- Identifies, researches and resolves un-reconciled items of a
varied and moderately complex nature. Follows up with appropriate
internal or external parties to trace down problems so items can be
reconciled within established time guidelines.
- Provides cash & share positions to custodian banks as needed
throughout the day, which require a reconciliation of actual and
estimated purchases and redemptions.
- Works with Control's Central Support Group in the request of
manual checks and wire transfers.
- Researches and resolves bounced checks and/or Automated
Clearing House (ACH) rejects. Carries out related administrative
tasks such as faxing of data to client banks and other external
entities as needed.
- Works with client fund accounting groups to obtain necessary
daily dividend rates. Enters data on to Control workstation.
Identifies accrual differences.
- Initiates dividend calculation by data entering information
provided by Corporate Actions using DST automated applications.
Works with client fund accounting groups to obtain necessary daily
rate information. Reviews output to ensure accuracy.
- Balances dividend distribution (shares, funds accrued);
reconciles and reports cash/reinvest and share details from the
distribution to fund accounting and custodial banks. Works with
fund accounting and clients to identify, research, and resolve
discrepancies. Adjusts for "as of" activities; prepares settlement
letters for final reporting to fund custodian and client(s).
- Processes commission payments, which vary by fund type and
client commission structures. Works on less complex transactions.
Prepares commission letters for client(s), processing adjustments,
authorizing the mailing of checks, statements, and release of NSCC
files, as well as maintaining associated records/files.
- Balances and reconciles commission payments according to
varying clients' procedures, established frequencies and
- High School degree and at least 1 year of related experience;
some college or equivalent combination of education and work
- Minimum six months satisfactory performance as an Investment
Control Liaison I or comparable position.
- Working knowledge of Control function and DST systems.
- Some knowledge of accounting or bookkeeping procedures.
- Knowledge of PC software required including office
- Strong communications skills in order to ask clarifying
questions and exchange information with internal and external
parties. Must be adept at collecting needed information through
conversations with others.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to trace
problems to their source and see resolution through to
- Organizational skills in order to handle and follow through on
multiple tasks and multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work with greater independence and handle larger
- Ability to work under stress related to multiple deadlines and
tracking/follow through with various banks and client service
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Demonstrated computer skills with ability to multitask and
toggle between multiple systems simultaneously to complete
Kansas City Missouri
DST is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and
inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color,
religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.For more
information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click
hereand here. DST is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If
you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an
accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online
application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for
Keywords: SS&C, Kansas City , Investment Control Liaison II, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!