Dean of Instruction (This position will support two campus locations)
Company: Metropolitan Community College
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 18, 2020
CAREER OPPORTUNITY NUMBER
Dean of Instruction (This position will support two campus
JOB OPEN DATE
JOB CLOSE DATE
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
INITIAL SCREEN DATE:
* Master s degree in education administration, curriculum and
instruction, or an academic or occupational field; doctorate degree
* Four (4) years full-time experience as a higher education
professional including two (2) years in an instructional
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INDIVIDUALS WHO POSSESS:
* Earned Doctorate.
* Two (2) years of experience in instructional administration
demonstrating responsibility for faculty supervision and curriculum
* Evidence of planning and implementation of alternative schedules
* Evidence of leading and supporting instructional innovation.
* Evidence of leading and supporting college completion and student
* Experience leading and supporting institutional assessment and
* Experience with academic and career and technical program
* Experience with managing and coordinating (CTE) Perkins
* Experience working with K-12 and education community partners on
collaborative initiatives (to include Dual Credit programs).
* Experience with providing leadership for revenue generating /
auxiliary departments within an academic setting.
* Evidence of implementing, tracking and evaluating strategic plan
progress using KPIs.
The annual salary is $90,692. A competitive benefit package is
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
This position will provide support two campus locations:
Business & Technology
Full-time administrator responsible for coordinating and directing
the instructional activities of the College. These duties include
providing leadership in the development of curriculum; managing the
instructional budget; directing the evaluation of instructional
personnel, programs and services; administering the College s
library and media support programs; directing the College s
alternative delivery systems; directing and supporting the College
s assessment efforts; and collaborating with MCC s other
instructional Deans in implementing the district s mission.
TYPICAL ESSENTIAL DUTIES
* Supervises staff, to include: prioritizing and assigning work;
conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff are trained;
ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining
a healthy and safe working environment; and, making hiring,
termination, and disciplinary recommendations.
* Provides oversight and directs the implementation of
instructional activities and student services programs and
operations; work may involve planning, coordinating, administering,
and evaluating programs, projects, processes, strategies,
procedures, systems, and/or standards related to student
development, enrollment, and support services and programs; ensures
compliance with Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, codes,
and/or standards; coordinates activities between multiple service
areas; works to integrate and coordinate service areas.
* Prepares and administers budgets and grants; prepares cost
estimates for budget recommendations: submits justifications for
budget items; and monitors and controls expenditures.
* Prepares, reviews, interprets, and analyzes a variety of complex
and multi-faceted information, data, contracts, forms, schedules,
calendars, surveys, and reports; makes recommendations based on
* Directs, leads, and develops community outreach initiatives;
facilitates, leads, and supports collaborative partnerships between
the college and external service area entities to increase student
enrollment and provide educational training and education
* Serves as a liaison to employees, students, and external
organizations; represents the college and/or District at a variety
of meetings, public events, training sessions, on committees, on
policy-making bodies, and/or other related events.
* Collaborates with District and college personnel to ensure
efficient operation of division programs; participates in course
and/or program development to ensure compliance with applicable
licensing and oversight entities.
* Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
* This job description is intended to represent only the key areas
of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary
depending on the business needs of the department.
* Leadership principles;
* College administration principles and
* Curriculum development principles;
* Licensing and accreditation rules and
* State regulating agencies;
* Legislative processes;
* Advanced principles and practices in
assigned area of responsibility;
* Public relations principles;
* Budgeting principles;
* Grant development, administration, and
* Community agencies and resources;
* Strategic planning principles;
* Financial management principles;
* Program development and administration
principles and practices at a District-wide
* Applicable Federal, State, and local laws,
rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes;
* Policy and procedure development
* Monitoring and evaluating subordinates;
* Delegating and prioritizing work;
* Preparing reports;
* Directing major work operations;
* Developing and implementing college policies and
* Directing community outreach efforts;
* Reading, comprehending, and reviewing financial
* Making program decisions based on financial
* Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules, and
* Analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions,
projecting consequences of proposed actions, and
making recommendations in support of goals;
* Conducting negotiations;
* Handling multiple tasks simultaneously;
* Providing customer service;
* Preparing and managing grants;
* Managing budgets;
* Monitoring and evaluating programs;
* Collaborating with external agencies;
* Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as
applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the
general public, and others sufficient to exchange or
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing,
walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing,
seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects,
including the human body. Sedentary work
involves sitting most of the time. Walking and standing are
required only occasionally.
Keywords: Metropolitan Community College, Kansas City , Dean of Instruction (This position will support two campus locations), Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!