Project Manager - Scrum Master (MO, Kansas City )
Company: VSolvit, LLC
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: April 18, 2019
VSolvit LLC is seeking to add a Project Manager to our Kansas City
team to work in support of our USDA customers technical
initiatives. The successful Project Manager candidate will be
comfortable with multi-tasking across multiple projects and have
the ability to translate requirements into team accomplishments.
The Project Manager will have the technical knowledge needed to
span a wide variety of technologies including new areas of subject
matter. Your ability to understand what needs to be accomplished
and scoped, to move projects forward or how best to surface
potential risks to a projects success should be innate skills. This
Project Manager will be responsible for supporting and managing
software development teams across many technologies including but
not limited to Java J2EE, Oracle, BI, GIS, Web, and Reporting.
Experience managing software development projects from start to
finish is key. The ability to lead efforts for ongoing business
systems support and development is also required. Inception to
release and experience in all phases the SDLC. Demonstrated ability
to engage, motivate and guide team members in the development and
delivery of high quality application, program or systems. The
candidate we seek will have PMP Certification and ideally USDA or
some other project management experience involving work with
government entities and program. The worksite for this position
will be at the USDA customer facility in Kansas City, MO.
Key areas of focus and responsibilities:
* Work with product management to create and maintain solution
* Prioritizes the iteration and defect backlog grooming.
* Ensure internal product stakeholders needs / expectations are met
and promote transparency by helping communicate through SAFe/SCRUM
* Collaborate with external clients and vendors as needed on
requirements definition and feature development.
* Excellent conceptual, analytical and strategic thinking
* Demonstrated ability to effectively work on teams within a highly
* Demonstrated experience driving agile product development.
* Demonstrated facilitation skills and the ability to maintain
working relationships with all levels of the organization.
* Help teams improve their utilization of existing Agile tools
across a diverse set of processes including intake, backlog
grooming, sprint and release planning, test planning and execution,
incident management, and problem management.
* Experience with JIRA
* Define key milestones, assess delivery against milestones,
communicate team's capacity and progress against milestones to
stakeholders and all levels of management in a consistent and
* Contribute to road map planning.
* Must be highly organized and have the ability to lead
* At least 6 years Experience managing web projects
* Excellent teamwork skills with an ability to get the work done
with minimal supervision
* Proven track record of successfully executing projections in a
hybrid of Agile and Waterfall environment
* Participate in the design, architecture, and development of web
* Work closely with management, business analysts, and product
managers to implement features defined by stakeholders.
* Communicate technical designs and principles to technical
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced Agile development
* Bachelor s degree and 6+ years experience or Associates and 8+
* SDLC software/system development experience
* 7 years' of related technical software development supervisory
* PMP Certification
* SCRUM Master Certification is highly desired but not required
* Scrum Master experience in software development efforts
* 10+ years' of related technical and supervisory experience
* Proven experience in management requiring multi-tasking
* Project Management leadership experience
* USDA experience highly desired but not required
* Working knowledge of USDA and/or federal procurement
* Team builder with strong people skills, experienced in creating
and maintaining cohesive teams
* Experience in preparing reports and briefings
* Professional written and verbal communication skills
* Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
* Experience managing successful technical projects
* Experience with Java based development projects or heavy Oracle
or other relational database environments
* Ability to grasp a wide variety to technologies including new
concepts or application
* Ability to generate status updates for VSolvit Program Manager
and USDA customer
United States Citizenship Required
Must be eligible to obtain and hold a Public Trust security
clearance as a condition of employment
Join the VSolvit Team! Founded in 2006, VSolvit (pronounced 'We
Solve It') provides geospatial and information technology
consulting services and solutions to government and private section
clients. VSolvit is an award winning 8(m)/EDWOSB and SBA-certified
8(a)/SDB company. We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance,
as well as 401K Retirement Plan options, Tuition Reimbursement, and
other benefits. Our goal is to grow together and enjoy the work
that we do as a team.
VSolvit LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and
will consider all qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Must posses or be able to obtain a Public Trust level government
Project Manager, Information Technology (Scrum Master)
Number of Openings
Proposal Letter Of Intent (LOI)
Project Manager, IT Project Manager, Scrum, Agile, Scrum Master,
waterfall, PMP, Java, J2EE, Oracle, ETL, Data warehouse, Business
Intelligence, BI, Application Development, Databases, Technical
Leadership, Security Clearance, SDLC
This position is currently accepting applications.
Keywords: VSolvit, LLC, Kansas City , Project Manager - Scrum Master (MO, Kansas City ), IT / Software / Systems , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!