Company: Object Technology Solutions, Inc.
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Hi,This is Naresh from Object Technology Solution we have an urgent requirement for Network Administrator role in Kansas City, Missouri. If you are interested with the below position please send your resume on Position: Network Administrator Location: Kansas City, MODuration: 6+Months Job Description:
- Position Summary A Network Administrator applies professional experience and training in information technology and network communications to provide technical support for a large, complex data communications network or group of networks.
- A Network Administrator supports the network infrastructure by installing, configuring and troubleshooting network equipment and systems. Duties and Responsibilities:
- The duties of this position can be broad and may include such tasks as installing new devices, adding and removing individuals from the list of authorized users, overseeing password protection and other security measures, monitoring usage of shared resources, and handling malfunctioning equipment
- On a daily basis monitors, troubleshoots and maintains network (LAN, WAN and wireless) multiplexers, hubs, routers, switches, remote access devices, wireless access points, wireless controllers and uses remote monitoring tools
- Has input on disaster recovery plan
- Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment
- Provides technical support and guidance to users
- May coach junior technical staff
- Reports directly to supervisor or project team lead as assigned
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals Knowledge and Abilities
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Competent knowledge of established configuration management, network architecture development/engineering and project methodologies. Mandatory
- Typically has 3 to 7 years of IT work experience in infrastructure network environments in network operations, support, maintenance and administration
- Bachelor's Degree or technical institute degree/certificate in Computer Science, Information systems, or other related field. Or, equivalent work experience Ideal Candidate:
- Ideal candidate would have 2-5 years Network Administration experience focused in Networking.
- This role is in support of day to day operations and is not a senior role.
- Candidate will reviewing daily access logs and system logs, trouble tickets, as well as other daily procedures. Skill Matrix Skill Name Description Level (1-5, 5 being the highest) 1 2 3 4 5 Years Mandatory(Yes/No) Network Operations Experience with network operations, support, maintenance, and administration. 4-5 Years Yes Cisco Experience with Cisco Nexus 5k, 7k, 9k 0-3 Years Yes Cisco Experience with Cisco 6500, 4500, 3750, 3650, 3560 0-3 Years Yes LAN/WAN Experience troubleshooting and maintaining LAN, WAN, and Wireless networks. 0-3 Years Yes Communication Ability to effectively communicate network issues. 4-5 Years Yes NERC CIP or other NERC CIP or other Utilities experience. 0-3 Years No Load balancing Experience load balancing LTM and GTM 0-3 Years No SolarWinds Experience with SolarWinds modules and how to manage the system 0-3 Years No Cisco WLC Experience with Cisco Wireless environment. 0-3 Years No - provided by Dice Cisco Nexus
Keywords: Object Technology Solutions, Inc., Kansas City , Network Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!