Senior Scrum Master
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: November 26, 2022
DescriptionResponsibilities*Navigate easily through different
coaching stances deliberately (coaching, mentoring, teaching,
facilitating) while growing the agile skills and mindset of team
members.*Create an environment that empowers and energizes team
members, with a focus on accountability, adaptability, and
collaboration.*Get team(s) to a high-performing level by nurturing
self-organization and team cohesion.*Facilitate and support all
Scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and
Sprint Retrospective. Supports PI Planning, System Demos and
Inspect and Adapt sessions.*Mentor the Product Owner(s) in user
story creation, prioritization and Product Backlog refinement
ensuring the team focuses on technical needs, including
improvements to testing and deployment processes.*Facilitate team
productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit
of the team's goals and by preserving flexibility and ability to
rapidly respond to changes. Make work visible to ensure impediments
are removed and progress is viewable and continuous.*Utilize and
correlate data and team metrics to demonstrate team capacity,
predictability and maturity.*Help teams navigate through
organizational change leveraging change management frameworks such
as Kotter's Leading Change and PROSCI ADKAR.*Collaborate with other
Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches to contribute to the improvement of
Agile practices within the organization, including sharing through
Communities of Practice.*Work impacts the achievement of results
for the department; influencing departmental strategies. Makes
decisions on moderately complex issues exercising discretion and
judgement over policies and practices. Works independently
determining methods and approach to work. Determines priorities and
timelines for own work.Required Qualifications:
- Our Department of Defense contract requires U.S. citizenship
for this position.
- Successfully receive interim approval for government security
clearance (eQIP - electronic questionnaire for investigation
- 5+ years related experience including 3+ years working on a
- 2+ years of experience working with agile methodologies on
large scale, technically complex projects.
- Thorough understanding of agile methodologies, values,
practices and patterns.
- Proven experience coaching and mentoring others.
- Proven ability to facilitate the removal of impediments.
- Advanced facilitation, presentation, influencing, and
relationship management skills.
- Thrives in an VUCA environment (volatile, uncertain, complex,
- Validated agile learning/credentials such as CSM, A-CSM, SA,
PSM, IC Agile such as ACC (IC-Agile , IC-Agile ATF(Agile Team
- Experience with Agile Tracking tools (agile lifecycle
management tools) such as ADO, Jira, Mural, VersionOne
(Digital.ai), Rally. ADO required.Preferred Qualifications:
- *Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Technology or a
- 5+ years of experience as a Kanban Master working in a Scaled
Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Experience leveraging data and team metrics to demonstrate team
capacity, predictability & maturity *Experience with Lean and
implementing a process improvement mindset.
- Experience with Portfolio tools such as Service Now, Jira
- Agile coaching experience with Agile methodologies such as
- Scaled Agile (SAFe) certification(s): Scrum Master or Advanced
- Experience with testing practices (Gherkin) and DevOps.
- Experience with Azure Dev Ops as a product backlog
tool.Additional Information:Humana and its subsidiaries require
vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit
proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who
remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID
testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or
while working in the field.Work-At-Home Requirements
- WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed
DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who
live and work from home in the state of California will be provided
payment for their internet expense.
- A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25x10
(25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
- Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect
member PHI / HIPAA informationScheduled Weekly Hours40Humana
complies with all applicable federal civil rights laws and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age,
disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
We also provide free language interpreter services. See our
Keywords: Humana, Kansas City , Senior Scrum Master, IT / Software / Systems , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!