GIS Developer - Kansas City, MO
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: September 24, 2022
At geocgi we pride ourselves on not losing our focus. We started
out and remain GIS experts (or geeks. . . depending on your
perspective). Since 2006, we've evolved into a world-class and
world-wide service provider of multiple disciplines. We are a
talented, hardworking group that share values and characteristics
that drive client, professional, and personal success. geocgi is
looking for a GIS Developer with an existing DoD Secret clearance
and CompTIA Security + certification to support the USMC from the
Installation Service Branch data center in Kansas City, MO. The GIS
Developer will perform needs assessments, create geospatial
solutions, and execute project plans within the customer's
enterprise environment. The candidates will execute the
responsibilities of an GIS Developer, which include:
- Implementing proven IT/GIS strategies for platform
- Publishing feature services and geoprocessing tools.
- Create custom web applications with Web App Builder and
- Create engaging content for ArcGIS Online.
- Working closely with customers and partners to identify,
design, and certify key GIS workflows for the ArcGIS enterprise
- Eager to learn new technology and integrate existing skills
within a new industry.
- An active and collaborative team member.
- An above average communicator, comfortable with technical
writing, as well as public speaking.
- Highly organized and able to maintain several projects at one
- Possess a desire to immerse yourself in location-based problem
solving to support our client's missions.As an employee of geocgi,
the candidate will have access to a generous benefits package, in
addition to a corporate culture and community of GIS geeks. Our
benefits include but are not limited to:
- Competitive salaries, commensurate with experience and leading
Federal Contractors in the geospatial industry.
- Opportunities for upward mobility in a dynamic fast paced
environment within a small company.
- Merit-based spot and end of year bonuses.
- Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with immediate vesting.
- Flexible work hours and PTO.
- Complete Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for
- Company paid training, certifications, and professional growth
and development.The following are requirements of the GIS
- Bachelor's or master's in geography, computer science,
engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field, depending on
- 3+ years' experience designing, implementing, and/or
administrating Esri enterprise GIS solutions/systems.
- DoD Secret Clearance.
- CompTIA Security + Certification.
- Demonstrated proficiency creating configurable apps with ArcGIS
Enterprise, Portal for ArcGIS/ArcGIS Online.
- Experience developing web applications using ArcGIS API for
- Experience with ArcMap and/or ArcGIS Pro.The following are
desired capabilities and experience of the GIS Developer:
- Certifications (GISP, Esri Enterprise, Microsoft, PMP).
- Experience with enterprise geodatabase management.
- Experience using REST and web service endpoints to create
secure web applications.
- Experience using web development technologies, such as CSS,
HTML, Google Maps API.
- Ability to work independently and proactively to take
initiative to solve complex problems.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.Please visit our
website and careers page at: to apply. We are an affirmative
action/equal opportunity employer. As a U.S. Federal Contractor,
geocgi complies with COVID-19 vaccine mandates for all personnel as
outlined by Executive Order 14042.
Keywords: geocgi, Kansas City , GIS Developer - Kansas City, MO, IT / Software / Systems , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!