Remote Software Engineer
Company: NextGen Federal Systems
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: August 7, 2022
NextGen Federal Systems is seeking an experienced Software
Engineer to join the Joint Training and Exercise Software team in
support Combat Command (COCOM) level events. This group operates
out of Norfolk, Virginia but the position can work remotely from
any location in the United States.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Software Development, or related discipline
- 0-5 years of experience in the industry as a Software Engineer
or Software Developer
- Educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work
experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized
knowledge or uniquely applicable experience
- Strong logical thinking skills and development fundamentals
including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm
design, and complexity analysis
- Proficient in multiple modern programming language such as
- Knowledge of best practices for the full software development
life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source
control, build processes, testing, and operations
- A fast learner with the ability to adapt quickly in a
fast-paced, team oriented, environment
- Active DoD secret clearance required
- A sound understanding of object-oriented design, data
structures, and software design patterns
- Understanding of system architecture and experience with
- Experience utilizing Agile methodologies and principles as well
as Agile frameworks
- Experience with collaboration, development tracking, and
version control systems such as Confluence, Jira, and Git
- Knowledge of web-based runtime environments such as NodeJS and
web application frameworks such as AngularJS and ReactJS
- Knowledge of application abstraction and container
- Experience with container runtime environments such as Docker
and container-orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
- Design and development in Relational and NoSQL/Graph
- Development in a Linux environment
About NextGen: NextGen Federal Systems is an innovative technology
and professional services provider specializing in advanced
software solutions and comprehensive mission and business support
services. We work in close collaboration with our Customers to
truly understand their business and mission goals. Our approach is
to design, build, implement, and manage solutions that measurably
improve our client's organizational performance. We have
established and foster a corporate culture where we:
- Treat employees with fairness and respect regardless of their
position, tenure, race, or sexual identity.
- Communicate the importance of our mission and our employees'
contributions to it, ensuring they understand how their job role
contributes to the greater good.
- Openly promote and communicate our ideas for change and
- Strive to achieve results as an organization.
- Hold employees accountable to their commitments and provide
incentives that encourage positive and productive behaviors.
- Value the talents and contributions of our employees as the key
factor for our success.
- Create an environment where people can engage at all
- Encourage people to take risks and allow them to make
Keywords: NextGen Federal Systems, Kansas City , Remote Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!