Senior Software Engineer - Mobile/iOS/iPADOS - Remote
Company: Game Taco
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Game Taco is the parent company of WorldWinner, a premier skill
gaming-based platform that joins gamers from around the world to
play and compete in tournaments for fun and cash prizes.With a
mission of bringing the excitement of eSports to all gamers, Game
Taco is the leading premium skill-games destination in the United
States, including popular games like Bejeweled, Wheel of Fortune -,
SCRABBLE Cubes, and TRIVIAL PURSUIT, plus Atari classics like
Breakout, Asteroids, and Centipede! We are looking for new team
members in a variety of disciplines who are enthusiastic about
helping us build a world-class gaming platform on mobile and
beyond. -Backed by Platinum Equity and Strategic Investors, Game
Taco is headed into an exciting growth phase!Responsibilities
- Architect, build, iterate and ship robust, high-quality,
functional, and efficient solutions.
- Collaborate with product, design, and games team to implement
and deliver complex and scalable platform features.
- Mentor and support peers on the engineering team.Qualifications
- Passion for writing classy, reactive, and functional code!
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- Expert in Objective-C or Swift.
- Demonstrable knowledge and exposure building performant,
engaging, real-time native iOS/iPadOS apps.
- Experience in at least one of the following languages: C++,
Java, Kotlin, Python or Ruby.
- Entrepreneurial thinker, self-driven with keen sense of
ownership and ability to execute independently.Preferred
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Love playing games!Interview Process for Successful
- Intro Call: This is an opportunity for us learn about you, your
goals, aspirations, interests, and for us to share more about Game
Taco, the role and answer your questions.
- Pair Programming: An hour-long real-time collaborative coding
challenge designed to give you a glimpse into a day-in-the-life of
a Game Taco engineer.
- Meet the Team: Three to four, one-hour conversations with
various members of the engineering, product, QA and executive team.
The engineering team will focus on system design/architecture and
practical coding challenges - we will not ask you to solve abstract
puzzles, algorithms or white-board complex data-structures.
- Finally: A 45-minute discussion with the hiring
- Comprehensive health and welfare benefits program including
401(k) with matching contributions and immediate vesting.
- Lucrative candidate / employee referral program -- refer your
talented colleagues to help us build our bench!
- Individual and corporate professional development
opportunities. -EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYGame Taco is an equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or
applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender,
sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression,
disability, religion, age, genetic information, veteran status or
any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
We will make a reasonable accommodation to known physical or mental
limitations of a qualified applicant or employee with a disability
unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on our
operation or direct threat safety to the individual or others in
the work environment. -We also participate in the E-Verify program,
a service of DHS and SSA.
Keywords: Game Taco, Kansas City , Senior Software Engineer - Mobile/iOS/iPADOS - Remote, IT / Software / Systems , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!