Oracle Services Engineer (Remote Support)
Company: Pure Storage
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: August 7, 2022
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID
vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries
rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the
most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by
partnering with Pure Storage. Pure's vision is to redefine the
storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people
consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50%
of the Fortune 500, we've only scratched the surface of our
Pure Is Blazing Trails And Setting Records
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in
the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to
innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top
1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure's leadership across
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster,
stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say "bring it on" to exciting challenges that
change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage has Support centers in Mountain View, CA, Lehi, UT,
Singapore, and Dublin, Ireland. We are looking for a Designated
Services Engineer (Premium Customer Support) to join our 24x7
Support team. You will be part of the best support team in the
industry. Our culture focuses on 5 key values - Persistence,
Creativity, Teamwork, Ownership, and Customer First. You will work
on problems of diverse scope where analysis will include hardware,
software, and environmental factors. Our Support Engineers utilize
their deep technical expertise to troubleshoot customer issues and
resolve them. Successful Support Engineers will be able to build
strong networks across different departments in the company.
- Customer Experience (CX) advisor to Pure Engineering and all
relevant technology vendors to drive resolutions to issues spanning
across multiple vendors and the entire technology stack.
- Develop relationships of trust with specific named
- Assists Management with complex technical decision making, and
helps customers understand decision points effectively to enable
well informed decisions
- Provide guidance, support and oversight to the Technical
Support team on complex issues
- Subject matter expert in Oracle Database and Oracle Enterprise
- Identify opportunities for tools development and deployment for
Product and solution serviceability
- Eco-system technical authority, proficient in Pure solutions,
competing and complementary technologies up and across the
- Customer champion providing technical guidance with a solution
- Lead customer and partner conference calls to provide guidance,
troubleshooting and create meaningful actions to drive to problem
- Create and improve solution best practices, reference
architectures, educational sessions and storage architecture
- Effectively communicate/present to all levels within Pure and
- Develops junior support engineers through mentoring, training,
and coaching using experience, education, and exposure
- Manage multiple projects/Technical Service cases
- Proactively seek to understand customer expectations
- Weekend, holiday, and on call duties as required
- Updates Knowledge articles and is able to share Knowledge and
Experience with the rest of the team effectively in both written
and verbal presentations, KB articles, and Whitepapers
- Must be willing to travel 30% and work outside of normal
- 15+ years IT experience
- Experience in enterprise architecture principles, processes and
- Experience either hardware / software vendor or enterprise
- 5+ years experience in Oracle Database and Oracle Enterprise
- Broad and deep technical expertise in technologies such as:
Operating Systems (Linux, AIX, Solaris, Windows), Hypervisors, SAN,
data backup/recovery, databases and networking
- 10+ years close collaboration with engineering teams
- Strong data analysis and visualization skills
- Ability to identify and influence Product improvement and
enhancement opportunities and drive them with the appropriate
- Ability to operate as an effective tactician as well as
strategic thinker and team leader to communicate the business value
of technology decisions
- Outstanding & creative problem solving skills across a broad
range of technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation
- Ability to present and communicate to a broad audience ranging
from C- suite e.g. CTO/CIO and senior management to sys admins and
- Experience authoring and delivering Root Cause Analysis and
- Must be currently located within the United States of
BE YOU-CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an
impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice
and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and
celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn,
develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is
an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing
field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and
professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good
Foundation gives back to local and global communities through
volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best
self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy
balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and
company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they
need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after
meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe
you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the
laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you
may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com .
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information
you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate
Personal Information Protection Notice .
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance
with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not
currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are
unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE'S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure's policies, current and anticipated federal
regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health
and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the
community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and
contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you
require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must
initiate Pure's exemption request process which will determine if
an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local,
state, and/or federal law.
Keywords: Pure Storage, Kansas City , Oracle Services Engineer (Remote Support), IT / Software / Systems , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!