Back End Software Engineer
Company: Mercury Broadband
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Organization: Mercury Broadband is a leading provider of
high-speed Internet and digital phone service. The Company was
founded in Topeka, KS, after recognizing a need for Broadband
Internet access in rural America. A hybrid approach to serving
these "last-mile" customers was developed by extending high
capacity fiberoptic networks with the range, reliability, and
flexibility of carrier-class wireless technologies. Today Mercury
Broadband's rapidly expanding network is headquartered in Kansas
City and provides Internet access to communities throughout five
states across the Midwest. Position Summary: Mercury Broadband is
looking for an experienced software developer to bridge the gap
between user experience and technical implementation. Mercury
Broadband combines the excitement of a dynamic and highly
collaborative work environment as one of the fastest growing
telecommunications companies in the Midwest. Location: Kansas City,
MissouriPosition Type: Full-TimeCompensation: Competitive
PayBenefits: Health, Vision, Basic Dental & Life Insurance, STD,
LTD, 401k, Paid Time Off, Paid Training Key Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, maintain, and support sophisticated software
applications and tools.
- Analyze, test, and resolve issues with application software,
TDD experience is appreciated.
- Adapt existing software to meet customer needs.
- Work primarily on the backend, middleware, and databases.
Skills and Requirements:
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development
- Experience using Flask, or similar framework
- Experience using GIT and Unit Testing
- Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Ability to work cooperatively with team members, clients, and
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as
object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem
solving, and complexity analysis. Education and Experience
- Actively practicing professional software engineering best
practices for the full software development life-cycle, including
coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build
processes, testing, and operations.
- Knowledge of relational databases, like MySQL
- Experience in languages like PHP or Python
- Understanding of Front End technologies, like React.
- Required to work in a collaborative office environment
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive Growth
Opportunities: In line with the experience and skills you bring to
the table, we offer areas that provide you with the opportunity to
have a deeper impact in the future of the company.
- Learning and development - we encourage you to grow your skills
through courses, books and conferences.
- Collaboration and efficiency - we open the floor to
collaboration across the different development teams to become more
effective through the usage of tools, practices and techniques that
assist with coding effectiveness.
- Architecture and leadership - we offer a variety of
opportunities to learn about the design architecture processes and
we encourage our team to develop expertise in the software they
work with as well as mentor other developers working on them.
Mercury Broadband is committed to a diverse and inclusive
workplace. Mercury is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability,
age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with
disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please
contact the Human Resources Department.PI174673764
Keywords: Mercury Broadband, Kansas City , Back End Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!