Senior Systems Administrator
Company: Shook, Hardy and Bacon
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: May 15, 2022
- Maintains desktop productivity software and legal specific
applications; which include the document management, billable time
entry, help desk management systems, their associated interfaces
and legal research applications.
- Performs application upgrades and assures that the applicable
applications and/or software are tuned to vendor
- With the use of software development tools, assists in
programming and/or developing new features and modules for existing
- Installs operating systems on physical and virtual servers and
updates them as needed to keep systems functioning
- Responsible for the stability, availability and reliability of
servers under their control. Installs patches or upgrades to the
server's hardware, firmware or software.
- Maintains applicable written procedures and may make
recommendations for changes/revisions.
- Daily performance monitoring and proactive correction of
problems before they occur.
- Keeps supervisor abreast of current issues and potential
problems as they develop; seeks advice as needed. Recommends any
improvements to software applications, desktop or server operating
systems, or hardware to supervisor.
- Assists clients with questions and problems on assigned
systems, and prioritizes and schedules client requests to ensure
timely completion of the most critical needs for assigned
- Participates in the firm's data disaster recovery program,
which may require travel with minimal notice and occasional work
shifts outside of stated regular office hours.
- Periodically provides after hours support to computer users
throughout the firm when schedule on call (24 hours/day). While on
call, remains in a position to receive help calls and answer them
quickly and thoroughly in a professional manner.
- Assists junior level administrators with problem identification
and resolution. May need to help coordinate projects and schedule
workloads for junior level administrators and assignments.
- Attends training sessions concerning skill development; travels
to these sessions, if required.Requirements:Associate's degree (A.
A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in
computer science or a related discipline; or two years related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
and experience.Two years technical expertise in the areas of
enterprise server management, database maintenance and
administration, applications administration and operating system
functionality. Knowledge of network operations, document management
systems administration/management, PC hardware, software and SQL
database administration.Understanding of end-user needs to increase
user efficiency and a thorough understanding of word processing and
database software.Has demonstrated the ability to begin
coordinating projects and scheduling workload of system
administrators.Additionally, has demonstrated the ability to work
without supervision and solve complex computer application-specific
Keywords: Shook, Hardy and Bacon, Kansas City , Senior Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!