Sr. Database Administrator - Remote
Company: Medable, Inc
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Medable's mission is to get effective therapies to patients faster.
We provide an end-to-end, cloud-based platform with a flexible
suite of tools that allows patients, healthcare providers, clinical
research organizations and pharmaceutical sponsors to work together
as a team in clinical trials. Our solutions enable more efficient
clinical research, more effective healthcare delivery, and more
accurate precision and predictive medicine. Our target audiences
are patients, providers, principal investigators, and innovators
who work in healthcare and life sciences.
Our vision is to accelerate the path to human discovery and medical
cures. We are passionate about driving innovation and empowering
consumers. We are proactive, collaborative, self-motivated
learners, committed, bold and tenacious. We are dedicated to making
this world a healthier place.
- Ensure production data availability, integrity and performance
of cloud-hosted MongoDB databases.
- Work with Development and SRE teams to facilitate
deploy-related database changes, migrations, etc.
- Support Development, QA and SRE teams to drive performance and
best practices in data engineering, ensuring data solutions are
designed properly and optimized for production from the ground
- Manage the deployment, configuration, health, and performance
of database instances across Dev, QA, UAT and Production
- Migrate data from self-hosted mongo instances into managed
mongo services like Atlas data.
- Design and implement backup and recovery procedures for
databases in every environment.
- Act as a global change arbiter, ensuring any and all changes to
customer databases are properly implemented, documented, and tested
in accordance with rigorous standards for data integrity.
- Continuously improve availability and recovery metrics: Time to
Detect and Time to Recover database related incidents.
- Implement world-class processes/tools for
- Setup alerts, DB performance checks with a High Signal/Noise
Ratio for #on-call
- 7+ years of experience supporting MongoDB databases in a
- 5+ years of experience working with RDBMS databases (MSSQL,
- Experience setting up performance monitoring, query tracing and
profiling for MongoDB
- Worked with an on-call team with proper tools, alerting, DPA,
- Extensive experience writing SQL and MQL queries, scripts.
- Understands InfoSec, Data Privacy, Data Federation, and
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Medable, Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Medable, Inc, Kansas City , Sr. Database Administrator - Remote, IT / Software / Systems , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!