Principal Software Engineer-Data Architecture
Company: H&R Block
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: April 10, 2021
What You'll Do...
At H&R Block we are modernizing our software architecture which
is generating a need for more talent. We are looking for
problem-solving difference-makers to help us with new approaches,
challenges, and designs working on complex systems.
We are investing heavily in our technology transformation moving to
serverless infrastructure and cloud-native applications, as well as
a continuous everything approach - improvement, development,
testing, implementation, delivery, and learning; we are innovating
Our people are the key to our success, and we are investing in
talent opportunities. We encourage learning, experimenting, and
exploration. If this type of innovation and learning is enticing to
you and if you embrace and implement Agile practices, we are
looking for you.
H&R Block is looking for an experienced Principal Data engineer
who is passionate about data and is skilled at using Cloud
Technologies to address a wide range of Tax Data challenges.
The Responsibilities Include
You will work on all aspects of the design, development, and
delivery of data solutions, including problem definition, testing
and evaluation, and deploying end-to-end pipelines and solutions in
production on Azure.
- Designing and implementing enterprise infrastructure and
platforms required for data engineering.
- Analyzing system requirements.
- Ensuring that systems are securely integrated with current
You will be responsible for the design & implementation of software
components, participate in code and design reviews, assist team
members as needed.
This role will require you to be an innovator. You would join a
team that owns Marketing/Client/Tax Data from Operations
perspective. You would also play a crucial role in bringing new
data technologies to H&R Block. This position reports to
IT-Director for Marketing and Client Data Platform.
Include But Not Limited To
- Design and implement Cloud solutions and related technologies,
including - Network Design, Security Architecture, Governance Best
- Perform design and implementation tasks that may include -
logical design, I/O design, Data architecture analysis and design,
Data migration, Data engineering
- Serve as the technical lead and subject matter expert on
- Plan, manage and troubleshoot data services deployment
- Develop business case analysis on potential projects
- Ensure security is integrated into all data architecture
What You'll Bring To The Team...
- 12 years Minimum related work experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering / related field or
equivalent industry experience
- 5-10 years of data architecture/lead experience with increasing
- Experience working in a shared services environment
- Experience working with Hybrid Environments
- Experience designing, implementing, and migrating data
workloads to cloud environments
- High degree of technical and business acumen
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in meeting team
- Ability to ramp up quickly in an evolving and challenging
- Well-honed troubleshooting skills at various levels of
- Deep knowledge in SQL Server databases is strongly
- Experience architecting and delivering distributed cloud
services, Azure preferred.
- Proficiency in one or more RDBMS platforms (SQL Server,
- Proficiency in NoSQL-Cosmos DB
- Experience developing, debugging, and maintaining code in
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , Principal Software Engineer-Data Architecture, IT / Software / Systems , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!