Company: H&R Block
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: February 22, 2021
What you'll do... At H&R Block we are modernizing our
software architecture which is generating a need for more talent.
We are looking for problem-solving difference-makers to help us
with new approaches, challenges, and designs working on complex
systems. We are investing heavily in our technology transformation
moving to serverless infrastructure and cloud-native applications,
as well as a continuous everything approach - improvement,
development, testing, implementation, delivery, and learning; we
are innovating faster. Our people are the key to our success, and
we are investing in talent opportunities. We encourage learning,
experimenting, and exploration. If this type of innovation and
learning is enticing to you and if you embrace and implement Agile
practices, we are looking for you.
- Works closely with senior, lead or principal software engineer
to design, develop and maintain software components and products
that support H&R Block business applications.
- Uses tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to
develop new product features and maintain year over year product
functionality and enhancements.
- Creates and executes unit tests and addresses defects.
- Works closely with the QA, UX and other related teams to ensure
consistent understanding of requirements and approach.
- Designs, develops and maintains software components
- Creates and maintains documentation of design approaches
- Creates and maintains documentation on internal architecture of
- Participates in technical design and code reviews for all new
enhancements and maintenance work delivered.
- Understands business and functional requirements and produces
technical specifications and product requirements.
- Creates, maintains and executes unit test and alpha test
- Maintains and improves current knowledge on the latest
technologies relevant to the role regarding algorithms, language,
design methodology, third-party development tools, application
platforms, hardware compatibility and operating systems. About
H&R Block... We're here to live our purpose to provide help and
inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We
take our work personally, because we know what it represents:
Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives. We've been true to that
purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company
in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax
offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you
join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking
company one that defined an industry and is now leading its
transformation. It would be even better if you also had...
- Cloud computing experience using Microsoft Azure Services like
Azure AD, Data Factory, Azure Functions, App Services, Containers,
Azure SQL is desired
- Experience working on normal CRUD operations as well as heavy
lifting backend data operations and automation activities with SQL
Server is desired What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through
a combination of education and related work experience.
- 3 years Minimum related work experience
- Experience in Application development with Microsoft
technologies like .Net Core, C# .Net, ASP.Net, ADO.Net, SQL Server,
- Cloud computing experience #hrbjob #LI-KR1
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , Software Engineer-Cloud/.Net, IT / Software / Systems , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!