Lead UX Designer/Developer Job Kansas City, MO
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Modis has a job opening for a Lead UX Designer/Developer
at a client of ours in Kansas City, MO. This is a 6 month
contract to hire job opportunity offering competitive salary &
outstanding benefits once converted including 6% dollar for dollar
401K match and a generous pension plan. The UX
Designer/Developer will help design interfaces for a variety of
nationally recognized financial applications, marketing websites
and an emerging portfolio of mobile products. The position is
responsible for conceptualizing, communicating, designing and
developing the front-end interface, as well as the resulting
quality of user interactions, interface design and overall UX.
Candidate should demonstrate a high quality portfolio of
recent work, an interest in collaborating with diverse teams, an
insatiable passion for the user experience and outstanding customer
service skills. If you’d like to be a part of an
established well known company experiencing tremendous growth that
offers upward mobility this is the place for you!
- Consults with IT managers, business partners and project
teams to understand business and design goals across multiple
portfolios or product lines. Incorporates industry best
practices and usability research to deliver strong interactive
designs for highly complex software interfaces. Collaborates
with IT and business partners to define long term strategic plans
related to the overall user experience (UX) of products, processes
- Analyzes user-centered information with support from UX
specialists. Creates design artifacts including sketches,
scenarios, sitemaps, storyboards, wireframes, and prototypes that
illustrate software user experience across multiple devices,
including smartphones, tablets and computers.
- Participates in the software development process with
development teams to clarify design concepts and advocate for the
user experience. Confers with UX specialists and users to
gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing
programs. Provides mentoring and oversight to a team of UX
designers and specialists, ensuring interfaces are based on
research and established design libraries and
- Drives the interaction design process from concept
through final implementation. Translates designs into working
Directs implementation working closely with the entire
product development team and other UX designers and
- Presents design recommendations to team, business
partners and executives through presentations, prototypes or other
test interfaces. Raises product, design, usability and
accessibility issues across an entire customer portfolio and
effectively contributes to mitigating activities.
- Proposes and implements design standards, methodologies
and processes for delivery of UX services to other internal IT
areas and business partners. Presents service direction to
all levels across the organization and participates in the long
term UX strategic planning process.
- Remains current in industry user experience (UX)
research, design principles and accessibility guidelines.
- Six years of experience in human-computer interaction,
interaction design, visual design, computer science, computer
engineering or related field designing for advanced web-based
applications or platform-level tools.
- Three year experience working in SDLC/agile/lean
- Online portfolio demonstrating a strong visual and
interaction design proficiency, as well as a superior understanding
of current front-end coding practices.
- Familiarity with human interface guidelines for web and
mobile technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design
- Expert using Axure or other common rapid prototyping
- Demonstrated proficiency designing in Adobe Photoshop,
Illustrator, InDesign, Fireworks, Flash, DreamWeaver, and other
tools of the design trade .
- Experience with dynamic, template-driven applications
(PHP, Java, Groovy/Grails etc.). \
- Expert developing web services and manipulating data in
JSON and XML format.
- Expert developing within HTML5 and CSS3 specifications.
and without frameworks.
- Strong ability to make sound recommendations and
decisions based on observed user behavior, industry patterns and
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles,
usability, accessibility, SEO and other standard best
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, including
the ability to consult, advise, and provide expertise/guidance to
others. Easily identifies characteristics/attributes of
target audiences and tailors or adjusts communication style
accordingly, inclusive of articulating information to a
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, strategically
and innovatively to solve design problems.
- Excellent initiative, planning, and organization
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
Fully understands the business and is able to articulate
options and associated values, and recommend optimal
- Excellent leadership skills.
This UX Design/Developer job will not last long. To be
considered, you must apply online now and submit your resume.
We are actively monitoring all applies.
Keywords: , Kansas City , Lead UX Designer/Developer Job Kansas City, MO, IT / Software / Systems , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!