Security Officer- $11/hr. (2nd Shift)
Company: Whelan Security
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Job Description Security Officer
Employer and United American Security are excited to currently be a
part of the GardaWorld family!
Job Title- Security Officer
Location- Kansas City, MO
Pay Rate- $11.00/hr.
Why Build a Career with us?
- Medical Plans (Four Plans to choose from), Dental (Humana),
Vision (Humana), Short Term Disability (American Public Life) and
Accident Coverage (AllState) Begins the first of the month after 60
days of employment for 30 or more hours per week positions.
- Paid Vacation
- Premium holiday pay
- Verizon Wireless discount on personal cell phone plans and
- Direct Deposit
- Internal Promotion opportunities Company Statement
United American Security is one of the country's largest and best
providers of uniformed security guard services. We have 25 offices
throughout the Midwest, Mid Atlantic, South and Southwest and we
employ 3,500 employees. We are expanding quickly and looking for
new team members who are excited to help us in our mission to grow.
All offers of employment are contingent on passing a background
check and drug test.
Security officers usually perform the following tasks under the
direct supervision of their Supervisor or Manager. Conduct routine
patrols of the site which they are assigned either by foot or
patrol vehicle. Performs access control functions to the facility
and or buildings. Protects client property and personnel as per the
site standard operating procedures. Implements emergency protocols
and or drills as needed and or required.QualificationsJOB DUTIES
- Controls access to the facility ensuring only authorized
personnel are permitted on site.
- Maintain surveillance of the site to ensure the perimeter and
or buildings remain secure.
- Monitors CCTV, Fire, & Security systems
- Conducts routine patrols and of the property to identify
security risks, safety hazards, and maintenance issues
- Completes daily activity reports, Incident reports, and other
mandated reports per the job assignment and post orders.
- Officers may provide escort details and perimeter fence checks
- Other duties assigned as per the Standard operating
- Must have a valid High School Diploma or GED
- State Licensing requirements apply
- Must have the ability to conduct extended foot patrols
- Must be able to climb multiple flights of stairs
- Ability to effectively communicate with others
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records and
- Ability to respond to emergency situations as per operating
- Ability to hear & see in low light situations
- Ability to lift 20 pounds (specific site requirements may
- Capable of working outside in extreme weather conditions
- Capable of comprehending site-specific policies and standard
operating procedures and the ability to implement such as needed.
EducationCandidates must meet the following educational
- Possess at least a high school education or equivalent (GED)
United American Security LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including
hiring, training, promotion, compensation and benefits. UAS is
proud to hire military veterans.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation
to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you
require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform
your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a
change to the application process or work procedures, providing
documents in an alternate format such as large print, using a sign
language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Kansas City, MO 64111
Keywords: Whelan Security, Kansas City , Security Officer- $11/hr. (2nd Shift), Human Resources , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!