Company: 21c Museum Hotels
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionIf you love saying YES and enjoy engaging with
the community by leading with ART 21c is the perfect place for
you.Reports To: Food & Beverage DirectorSupervises: 20 to 40 Front
House TeammatesGeneral Purpose: The Restaurant Manager manages the
daily operations of the restaurant, including the selection,
development, and performance management of FOH teammates. In
addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of food and
supplies, optimize profits, and ensure that guests are satisfied
with their dining experience.Specific Responsibilities:
- Ensures the highest and most efficient level of service
expected by the guest.
- Ensures the restaurant is staffed sufficiently for each meal
- Works to keep staff morale high.
- Rolls up sleeves and is willing to 'get dirty' to keep
standards high or cut staff where possible and save the restaurant
- Train, train, and train staff some more. Give verbal and
written quizzes often.
- Ensures all employees are following service standards.
- Identifies ways to operate more efficiently, cut costs and
- Ensure cleanliness (of staff, restaurant).
- Creates a total awareness of in-house VIPs and reviews names
with staff members during pre-service meetings.
- Constantly seeks improvement in self, staff, and the
- Cultivates a following of regulars.
- Reports to work on time and ready to work scheduled
- Maintains a positive, friendly attitude with staff &
- Maintains a clean, orderly appearance in the restaurant service
- Ensures proper uniforms/dress for all staff.
- Assists/execute any tasks as assigned by General Manager.
- Screens all potential staff members before an interview with
- Leads training program for all new hires.
- Implements training policies and schedules for new hires.
- Keeps all training documents up to date and accessible.
- Communicate the status of re-training needs for new hires and
other teammates to the rest of the FOH team.
- Implements and administers employee reward programs (contests &
- Interviews potential employees/hiring.
- Maintains and enforces steps of service protocols and standards
- Completes new hire paperwork to be given to HR.
- Completes and submits Personnel Action Forms for all teammate
- Reviews and approves time clock activity
- Attends daily and weekly meetings as required.Qualifications:
- Competent with Windows-based computers and Microsoft Office and
familiar with industry-standard software.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for all things 21c.
- Must pass a background check.Education /Formal Training:
- Some college education.Experience:
- Two to four years in a high volume, high-quality restaurant
- Minimum one-year management/supervisory experience.
- Previous job in a restaurant line position.
- Strong F&B knowledge acquired through a combination of
education, work, and pure curiosityTravel Requirements
- Minimal Travel21c Museum Hotels is an equal opportunity
employer. We evaluate qualified applicants regardless of race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status,
and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law
poster is available here:
Keywords: 21c Museum Hotels, Kansas City , Restaurant Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!