Coordinator - Facilities & Food Service
Company: Citizens of the World Charter Schools Kansas City
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: Summary The mission of CWC Kansas City is
to provide an excellent public education focused on developing and
demonstrating understanding while building connections within a
diverse community. The Coordinator of Facilities & Food Service
will provide key, on-site direct support to the Chief Operating
Officer and indirect support to the Chief Academic Officer and
Building Principals. This is a full-time position located in Kansas
City, MO. For more information on Citizens of the World Charter
Schools – Kansas City, please visit www.cwckansascity.org.
ResponsibilitiesThe Coordinator of Facilities & Food Service is
responsible for coordinating the facility operations and all food
service operations of both school sites. Specific responsibilities
will include: Facilities – Elementary & Middle School
CampusesResponsible for ensuring building upkeep, maintenance, and
systems, particularly in the following areas:
- Coordinate and oversee building vendors, including HVAC,
Plumbing, Security, Maintenance, Landscaping, Snow Removal, and a
special emphasis on Custodial.
- Communicates service calls and problems to building
- Monitor the stock level of classroom and workroom supplies;
order when needed. Coordinate distribution of deliveries to
- Oversee the summer classroom check-out and check-in
- Check parking lots, sidewalks, and steps before the return of
students/staff during inclement weather; ensure cleared and safe
- Provide light maintenance and occasional event/room setup, as
- Act as the "first call" for building alarms. Food Service –
Elementary & Middle School CampusesHas primary oversight and
responsibility of the three meals services (breakfast, lunch,
- Ensure all aspects of the food service program are in
compliance with the NSLP (breakfast/lunch), CACFP (dinner), and
- Coordinate and respond to all food-related audit requests.
- Serve as the primary point-of-contact with the school's food
vendor as well as the state regulatory agency.
- Coordinate menu planning (including parent involvement and
feedback) and the development of the school's "Local Wellness Plan"
and "Food Safety Plan."
- Oversee the daily tracking, reporting, and billing systems of
the food service program.
- Support the School Office Managers with the maintenance and
communication of the "Free & Reduced Lunch" program, as
- Oversee the daily scanning/counting of breakfast/lunch/dinner
meals. Operations Support – Elementary & Middle School Campuses
- Serve as the primary backup for Front Desk coverage in either
Office Manager's absence; coordinate and schedule any additional
- Support arrival, dismissal, and emergency drills as
- Responsible for the tracking and distribution of our monthly
accounts receivable from families (primarily meals and after-school
- Take part in our financial processes, in compliance with our
policies, to make regular cash/check bank deposits and record them
- Recording and tracking all incoming credit card payments. Other
- Actively participating in regular professional development
activities, both internal and external.
- Maintaining frequent, sensitive, and effective communication
with students, students' families, colleagues, and other school
- Performing other reasonable and necessary duties as
assigned.Key Deliverables for the 2022-2023 Academic Year
- Oversee and complete the "Summer 2022 Building Reset" program;
refine the process for Summer 2023.
- Create and implement a standard-of-cleaning and monitoring
program for our custodial vendor(s).
- Update and publish "Local Wellness Plan" and "Food Safety
- Cross-tie and label all outlets, room lights, and breaker
boxes. Qualifications & TraitsThe ideal Coordinator of Facilities &
Food Service will:
- Have an Associate's Degree (Bachelor's preferred)
- Be passionate about CWC Kansas City's mission and impact on our
students and community.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills.
- Be comfortable managing projects at a desk, completing data
entry, interacting with students in the hallway, and rolling up
sleeves to prepare for a small event – all in a day's work.
- Have extreme attention to detail and a high-level of
organization, efficiency, and follow-through.
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills as well as a
desire to collaborate with various stakeholders to help develop a
strong school community
- Possess maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor,
and a can-do attitude
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred. Compensation & BenefitsCWC
Kansas City offers competitive salaries commensurate with
experience and a comprehensive benefits package. CWC Kansas City is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. As an organization that values
diversity and aims to serve a diverse group of students, we work to
reflect this diversity in our staff as well. ContactPlease apply
online through the TalentEd Application Portal on our website at
www.cwckansascity.org/employment. No phone calls, please. Employee
Value PropositionWho We AreWho You AreWe are an intentionally
diverse and welcoming community.CWCKC was founded on a belief that
we live in a richly diverse world and that diversity makes our
experience better.● You value diversity in all its dimensions and
are excited to be part of a school community where that diversity
is authentically encouraged and celebrated.● You understand that
identity is an important part of who we are - for both adults and
students.We believe education is about more than test
scores.Student learning matters and goes beyond just academics. Our
teachers focus on the whole child by building our students'
socio-emotional skills and helping them develop a deeper
understanding of themselves.● You know that academic learning is
important and have experience helping students develop their
social-emotional skills.● You understand how to balance academic
rigor with the development of the whole child.Our teaching approach
centers students' interests and needs within projects and
real-world experiences.We strive to provide learning experiences
that are meaningful and make a difference in our school and
community. Our teachers engage students in projects based on their
interests and individual learning needs.● You are excited about
designing project-based learning experiences for students grounded
in their interests, experiences, and identity.● You value students
constructing their own learning to develop a deeper understanding
of the world around them.● You embrace creativity and risk- taking
in lesson planning.Compensation and BenefitsWe value our team, and
one way that we show that is through compensation and benefits. For
teachers, we offer competitive compensation with a starting salary
of$41,000-52,000 (based on experience). We also offer a
comprehensive benefits package including:
- Health Insurance (Citizens covers almost all of an employee's
premium on a choice of two plans)
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Employer-Paid Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Participation in the KCPSRS retirement pension plan
- Supplemental, optional Aflac insurance
- Supplemental, optional 403(b) retirement plan
- Full-time 10-month employees receive 4 holidays off, 4 weeks of
calendared breaks (Thanksgiving, Winter Break x2, Spring Break), 9
Keywords: Citizens of the World Charter Schools Kansas City, Kansas City , Coordinator - Facilities & Food Service, Hospitality & Tourism , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!