Software Engineering Team Lead
Company: H&R Block
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: April 9, 2021
What you'll do...
Supervise, lead, and coach teams across a department or subgroup.
Execute and enforce consistent processes for development. Develop,
monitor, and manage team performance. Develop and maintain project
plans, including resource assignments, risks and issues. Provides
technical expertise to design, develop and maintain software
components and products that support H&R Block business
applications. Uses tools, languages, coding standards and best
practices to develop new product features and maintain year over
year product functionality and enhancements. Creates and executes
unit tests and addresses defects.
At H&R Block, we are modernizing our software architecture
which is generating a need for more talent. We are looking for
problem-solving, difference-makers to help us with new approaches,
challenges and designs. We are investing heavily in our technology
transformation, moving to serverless infrastructure and
cloud-native applications, as well as a continuous everything
approach - improvement, development, testing, implementation,
delivery, and learning.
The goal? Faster innovation.
We encourage learning, experimenting and exploration. If this type
of innovation and learning excites you, we are looking for you!
Day to day, you'll...
- Manage development operations including organization and
- Develop greenfield Cloud native applications in the Financial
Accounting domain using Azure, C#, .NET tech-stack Conduct
employment interviews, make hiring decisions, and lead corrective
action and termination discussions and decisions
- Set daily priorities and assign tasks and projects to all team
- Monitor and provide periodic status updates on each
- Monitor performance and develop team members to ensure
consistent, effective and efficient processes, as well as
comprehensive test plans and reliable test results
- Prepare and deliver associate quarterly and annual performance
reviews, including performance metrics for each performance
- Effectively utilize Agile methodology to plan and lead team
through sprints to ensure quality delivery
- Identify product design features to support scalability,
usability and better performance
- Design, develop and maintain complex software components
- Maintain and improve current knowledge on the latest
technologies relevant to the role regarding algorithms, language,
design methodology, third-party development tools, application
platforms, hardware compatibility and operating systems
- Establish best practices in coding and development within the
team and ensure consistency of the use of best practices within the
- Design and develop reusable code components
- Positively and proactively leads and influences the team
- Create, maintain and execute unit test and alpha test
- Support other managers in product and technology management
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through
a combination of education and related work experience.
- Demonstrated effective time management, planning and
organization skills with the ability to successfully handle
multiple tasks, projects and priorities in a fast-paced
- Supervisory/management experience in a technical
- 5 years of application development experience or equivalent
experience as a technical team lead.
- 5 years Minimum related work experience
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
with demonstrated effectiveness in presenting complex information
to multiple organizational levels, with strong facilitation and
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, decision making, analytical
and problem-solving skills. Ability to develop creative solutions
to assigned projects.
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , Software Engineering Team Lead, Hospitality & Tourism , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!