Assoc Business Analyst
Company: H&R BLOCK
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: February 16, 2020
What you'll do...JOB SUMMARYAssist Business Analysts or users
with definition and documentation of system requirements for
Enterprise Systems. Responsible for assisting during requirements
gathering and design sessions, reviewing design documentation with
users and developers, assisting with the preparation of process and
data models, prioritizing system functionality requirements,
coordinating pilot and test activities, and designing screens and
reports. This role is actively learning BA concepts by assisting
the BA's in all phases of their projects. Assist with daily
production support of assigned system(s) to ensure efficiency in
system and production. Assist Business Analysts with patches and
fixes to current systems. Create and run reports used by the
business for decision making JOB DUTIES
- Responsible for ensuring an efficient and smooth production
environment for assigned system(s) by assisting with the daily
- Assist with the creation and execution of reports for users
and/or clients from system(s) which aid in business decision
- Work with field and internal users to understand needs and
assist with development plans for meeting those needs.
- Assist with activities during requirement definition, design,
construction and testing phases of projects.
- Assist with the development of project charters, scope
documents, conceptual design documents, and project
- Assist with the development of test plans and QA activities
- Assist with the coordination of pilot and rollout planning,
user enhancement requests and defect tracking.
- Assist with the development and delivery of user training on
- Create and deliver periodic status reports. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Business Management, Systems
Development, or related area or equivalent combination of education
and work experience.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts.
- Exposure to client/server and/or web development.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated decision making, analytical and problem solving
skills to include the ability to diagram a process and identify
where the breakdowns are and the areas for improvement.
- Effective time management and organizational skills with the
ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Experience using software applications such as Microsoft
Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Must have technical aptitude and be familiar with working on
back-end product setups, change control, field maintenance, data
mapping, vendor management and user security.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery and Business Interruption
planning is a plus.
- Need to have analytical and problem solving skills to include
the ability to diagram a process and identify where the breakdowns
are and the areas for improvement.What you'll bring to the
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through
a combination of education and related work experience.
- 0 years Minimum related work experienceAbout H&R
Block...H&R Block's purpose is simple: To provide help and
inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We've
been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch
founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to have
approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and
around the world.
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who
join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something
bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a
strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it's how determined,
forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our
leadership is. We believe it's all those things, and much
Keywords: H&R BLOCK, Kansas City , Assoc Business Analyst, Hospitality & Tourism , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!