Systems Analyst, Laboratory Automation
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Job Description Position Overview: Catalent is a leading provider
of advanced technologies and outsourced services for the
pharmaceutical, biotechnology and consumer health industry.
Catalent develops, manufactures, packages and distributes
pharmaceutical and other products for customers in nearly 100
countries. Systems Analyst, Laboratory Automation The Systems
Analyst, Laboratory Automation position is responsible for
supporting the development and delivery of various global,
harmonized, and standardized laboratory systems to be implemented
as part of the evolution of the Laboratory Automation roadmap.
Position Summary This position will be primarily focused on
Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS). The Systems
Analyst, Laboratory Automation person will play a key role on the
global implementation teams that will be responsible for defining
standard global business processes, configuring/testing/validating
the software solutions, and deploying the solutions across all
Catalent sites. The position works closely with the business,
consulting partners and internal IT teams serving as an expert
resource, bringing forth opportunities to leverage core Analytical
Systems and other complementary solutions to help support the
growth of the business and influence decisions regarding business
process changes.The Systems Analyst, Laboratory Automation position
will report to the Manager, IT Analytical Systems
DeliveryLocation:This position can be based in Morrisville, NC;
Kansas City, MO; Somerset, NJ; Bloomington, IN; Swindon, UK; or
Schorndorf, Germany.In concert with Catalent's Patient First
philosophy, this position is key in ourefforts toward continuous
improvement of our processes & information which willallow quality
drug products to reach patients safely and efficiently.The Role
- Works closely with the Operations, Quality, and R&D
organizations to develop standardized global business processes
that support laboratory operations.
- Provides expertise in Design, Configuration, Testing,
Validation, and Training for laboratory systems, primarily focused
- Supports system deployment activities across 30+ worldwide
- Develops and updates required system deliverables including,
but not limited to, architectural documentation, configuration
documentation, test scripts, and training materials.
- Contributes to the documentation, design and testing of data
conversions and Master Data Management.
- Executes plans to educate and train the user community on
related topics and applications.
- Develops and implements processes to effectively transition
post-implementation support activities to the AS operational
- Liaise with the user community and Support Teams to understand
the nature and trending of issues encountered by end users and new
- Ensures that deployed systems comply with all applicable GxP,
legal, and fiduciary policies, practices and requirements.
- Handles issues appropriately and with a sense of urgency.
- Advises the organization on laboratory & analytical systems
related topics as required.The Candidate (requirements)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Physical or Life
Sciences, or other related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years' experience in implementing a Laboratory Systems
(LabVantage LIMS preferred) in a global environment.
- Pharmaceutical and/or life sciences experience strongly
- Knowledge of industry trends, best practices & operating
- Computer System Validation, 21 CFR Part 11, Annex 11, and
general GxP experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, time management, and
- Travel of approximately 20% (as required by project
assignments).---Catalent's standard leadership competencies that
are used to interview and for Performance & Development:
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and DevelopsPosition Benefits
- Diverse, inclusive culture
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Educational assistance/reimbursement
- 19 days' Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Employee discount programs
- Robust Employee Referral Program Catalent offers rewarding
opportunities to further your career! Join the global drug
development and delivery leader and help us bring over 7,000
life-saving and life-enhancing products to patients around the
world. Catalent is an exciting and growing international company
where employees work directly with pharma, biopharma and consumer
health companies of all sizes to advance new medicines from early
development to clinical trials and to the market. Catalent produces
more than 70 billion doses per year, and each one will be used by
someone who is counting on us. Join us in making a difference.
Catalent. More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied.
---Visit to explore career opportunities. C atalent is an Equal
Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you
require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or
hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by
sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation
and include the job number, title and location to . This option is
reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a
disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S.
Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will
provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the
application or hiring process. Notice to Agency and Search Firm
Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not
accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for
this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a
third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written &
signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent.
No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a
result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank
Keywords: Catalent, Kansas City , Systems Analyst, Laboratory Automation, Healthcare , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!