Medical Director - Psychiatry Opportunity in Kansas State
Company: Necnic Group, LLC
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Kansas City, Kansas. This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Medical Director (Behavioral Health)
Position Purpose: Assist the Chief Medical Director to direct and coordinate the medical management, quality improvement and credentialing functions for the business unit.
• Provides medical leadership of all for utilization management, cost containment, and medical quality improvement activities. Performs medical review activities pertaining to utilization review, quality assurance, and medical review of complex, controversial, or experimental medical services. Supports effective implementation of performance improvement initiatives for capitated providers.
• Assists Chief Medical Director in planning and establishing goals and policies to improve quality and cost-effectiveness of care and service for members. Provides medical expertise in the operation of approved quality improvement and utilization management programs in accordance with regulatory, state, corporate, and accreditation requirements.
• Assists the Chief Medical Director in the functioning of the physician committees including committee structure, processes, and membership. Oversees the activities of physician advisors. Utilizes the services of medical and pharmacy consultants for reviewing complex cases and medical necessity appeals. Participates in provider network development and new market expansion as appropriate. Assists in the development and implementation of physician education with respect to clinical issues and policies.
• Identifies utilization review studies and evaluates adverse trends in utilization of medical services, unusual provider practice patterns, and adequacy of benefit/payment components. Identifies clinical quality improvement studies to assist in reducing unwarranted variation in clinical practice in order to improve the quality and cost of care. Interfaces with physicians and other providers in order to facilitate implementation of recommendations to providers that would improve utilization and health care quality. Reviews claims involving complex, controversial, or unusual or new services in order to determine medical necessity and appropriate payment.
• Develops alliances with the provider community through the development and implementation of the medical management programs. As needed, may represent the business unit before various publics both locally and nationally on medical philosophy, policies, and related issues. Represents the business unit at appropriate state committees and other ad hoc committees
Education/Experience: Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy, board certified in Psychiatry. The candidate must be an actively practicing physician. Previous experience within a managed care organization is preferred. Course work in the areas of Health Administration, Health Financing, Insurance, and/or Personnel Management is preferred. Experience treating or managing care for a culturally diverse population preferred.
Current state medical license without restrictions. 5+ years of experience working in behavioral health managed care or behavioral health clinical settings 2 years in a clinical setting experience Certification in addiction medicine or in the sub-specialty of addiction psychiatry
License/Certifications: Board certification by the American Board of Psychiatry. Current state medical license without restrictions.
Physician must be willing to practice one day per week.
Keyphrases: psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs, psychiatric nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: Necnic Group, LLC, Kansas City , Medical Director - Psychiatry Opportunity in Kansas State, Healthcare , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!