Registered Nurse (RN) - Bone Marrow Transplant Coordinator
Company: Research Medical Center
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: March 17, 2019
SHIFT: No Weekends
Registered Nurse (RN) - Bone Marrow Transplant Coordinator
Come join the RMC/ Sarah Cannon Team! In 2018 the Sarah Cannon Team performed more than 1,100 transplants.
Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, offers integrated cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for those facing cancer in communities across the United States and United Kingdom. Sarah Cannon's cancer programs include individualized patient navigation provided by oncology-trained nurses, more than 1,100 stem cell transplants performed annually throughout the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network, hundreds of clinical trials, and molecular profiling capabilities. Through its services, Sarah Cannon is providing state-of-the-art cancer care close to home for hundreds of thousands of patients, a number unmatched by any single cancer center.
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life . Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, Research Medical Center embodies the mission and heart of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients' health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties.
Are you looking for a place to make a difference with a healthcare system that offers the best resources to not only the community, but also its employees? Apply here today!
The Top 3 Reason's Employees love working in the Inpatient Oncology:
Teamwork Great Leadership Support Great Work Environment
We offer a Competitive Benefits package including:
On-Site Daycare Onsite Gym with pool FREE Covered parking
Research Medical is a Comprehensive Stroke Center,
Level 1 Trauma Center, and achieved Pathways Designation in 2016.
Learn more about working at Research Medical Center where above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life:
Recently named America's Coolest City .
Learn more about living in KC .
About Research Medical Center
Research Medical Center has served Kansas City and the surrounding area since 1886-and those years have allowed the 590-bed facility to put down meaningful roots in a community that depends on its acute and outpatient medical care services.
The hospital, which offers medical and health clinic services across three Kansas City locations, including the main campus on Meyer Boulevard, the Research Medical Center Brookside Campus on Rockhill Road and Research Psychiatric Center, a Campus of Research Medical Center on 63rd Street. Research Medical Center features a broad range of highly specialized, state-of-the-art services including a Level I Trauma Center; Neuroscience Institute; Level 1 TCD-designated Stroke Center and the region's first Accredited Primary Stroke Center; TIA Clinic; Grossman Burn Center; Liver and Pancreas Institute of Kansas City; the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Research Medical Center; Obstetrics; Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit; Transplant Institute; and Orthopedics, among others.
Although Research Medical Center receives awards and prestigious recognition from The Joint Commission, the American Heart Association and other high-profile organizations, we don't rest on them-instead, our team members put excellence into action.
Research Medical Center, as part of HCA MidAmerica, does much more than just make an impact on patient lives and the community it serves. Our culture is founded on HCA's tenets of innovation, high-quality care, mutual respect and collaborative teamwork. Our hospital offers career opportunities that challenge, embrace and transform lives. And the unwavering dedication to deliver world-class healthcare is a two-way street: Research Medical Center is committed to its employees and, in turn, employees are committed to its patients and loved ones.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- As an expert clinician responsible for coordination / facilitation of adult complex hematologic malignancy and stem cell transplant patient care and services across inpatient and outpatient settings from first consult through long term follow-up.
- S/he collaborates with the multi-disciplinary team to assure an organized approach to delivery of care.
- S/he acts as a liaison with physicians, internal / external departments and other agencies related to creation and follow through of the patient's individualized treatment plan.
- S/he communicates with responsible parties about any scheduled or unplanned deviations from the plan of care and works to resolve /remove obstacles to access or delivery of recommended therapies.
- Monitors all phases of cancer related services including, prevention/screening, diagnosis, treatment, survivorship, palliative and or end of life care for patients and caregivers
- Acts as a liaison/ advocate for patient, donor, and caregivers as they navigate health care systems
- Directs scheduling of / schedules screening and diagnostic tests, procedures and provider appointments for patients and or donors.
- Creates and communicates patient and or donor treatment calendars clearly outlining plan including initial and updates as care plan changes
- Routinely contacts patients, donors, caregivers to check on health status and or service needs
- Provides education to patients, donors, and caregivers
- Collaborates with financial coordinators to ensure verification of third-party payer coverage; assists with financial coordination of treatment/ transplant processes
- Works with NMDP / cooperative registries to identify and select unrelated donors; coordinating all steps of unrelated donor processes
- Completes and submits appropriate NMDP forms by defined timelines
- Coordinates weekly intake (patient selection) meeting; maintains up to date patient list on share drive
- Attends IP and OP multidisciplinary rounds, regularly, serving as an expert clinical resource to inpatient and outpatient physicians and or staff
- Develops and maintains patient care forms such as order sets, practice guidelines, and consent forms.
- Develops, reviews, revises patient, donor, and caregiver education materials
- Assists in the development of and adherence to regulatory standards, participates in regulatory /COE surveys and site visits.
- Participates in PI activities
- Performs internal audits of patient charts, TED forms, etc as requested based on annual QMP calendar
- Assists with completion of Clinical and COE RFIs (requests for information)
- Accurately enters data into defined database/ shared drive fields within designated timelines
- Participates in activities that promote professional growth
- Participates in marketing/community service events that promote the organization/program If you find this opportunity to improve the lives our patients compelling, we encourage you to apply. We will promptly review your application and if you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so you should apply today.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- BSN or Master's degree preferred
- Current state of Missouri RN licensure required.
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills required.
- BLS certification required at hire and maintained.
- ONS Chemotherapy/Biotherapy provider preferred
- BMTCN or CHTC certification required within 4 years of hire
- Previous clinical experience highly preferred.
- Basic computer skills Interested in learning more about this or other RN opportunities at
Research Medical Center?
Contact Megan at
Keywords: Research Medical Center, Kansas City , Registered Nurse (RN) - Bone Marrow Transplant Coordinator, Healthcare , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!