Medical Responder (Paramedic) WoF18
Company: Cedar Fair
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: November 10, 2018
OverviewResponsible for providing medical treatment to associates and guests.Qualifications?
- Hold current license as an EMT P for the State of Missouri.
- Ability to obtain certification through the office of the EMS Medical Director for Kansas City, MO.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV,?
- previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial?
- CPR Certification
- Driver's LicenseResponsibilities
- Determine nature and extent of illness or injury, or magnitude of incident, to establish first aid procedures to be followed or?
- need for additional assistance, basing decisions on statements of persons involved, examination of victim or victims and knowledge of emergency medical practice.
- Report all unsafe or unusual conditions to Safety Director.
- Assist in removal of injured guests or employees from park and transfer to KCFD.
- Follow standard operating procedures and establish first aid procedures.
- Maintain medical and communication equipment and replenish first aid equipment and supplies.
- Processes and completes departmental paperwork and maintains high degree of confidentiality.
- Assist in controlling crowds, protecting valuables, or performing other duties at scene of incident as directed.
- Administer first aid treatment or life support care to sick or injured persons in prehospital settings.
- Perform emergency diagnostic and treatment procedures, such as stomach suction, airway management, or heart monitoring, during ambulance ride.
- Observe, record, and report to physician and the patient's condition or injury, the treatment provided, and reactions to drugs or treatment.
- Immobilize patient for placement on stretcher and ambulance transport, using backboard or other spinal immobilization.
- Maintain vehicles and medical and communication equipment and replenish first aid equipment and supplies.
- Assess nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures.
- Communicate with dispatchers or treatment center personnel to provide information about situation, to arrange reception of victims, or to receive instructions for further treatment.
- Comfort and reassure patients.
- Decontaminate ambulance interior following treatment of patient with infectious disease and report case to proper?
- Operate equipment, such as electrocardiograms (EKGs), external defibrillators, or bag valve mask resuscitators, in?
- advanced life support environtments.
- Obtain patients' vital statistics and medical history, to determine the circumstances of the emergency, and to administer?
- emergency treatment.
- Coordinate work with other emergency medical team members or police or fire department personnel.
- Maintain certification licensure, keep abreast of new developments in the field, or maintain existing knowledge.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including?
- initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety?
- guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee?
- Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Keywords: Cedar Fair, Kansas City , Medical Responder (Paramedic) WoF18, Healthcare , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!