Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: September 14, 2018
Duties may include but are not limited to the following: Clinical: Provide Rheumatology patient care to our veteran patients. This would include prescribing medications, laboratory requests, and seeing patients in an inpatient and outpatient clinic setting. Teaching: Provide guidance to rotating Residents, Fellows, and Medical Students on rotation from University of Kansas, School of Medicine. Skills needed would be to lead, give direction, provide knowledge, skills and abilities in the Rheumatology field and train other professional staff in the dermatology section. Administrative: Completes encounters in a timely manner. Attends hospitals assigned committees, section meetings, and other administrative functions. Prepares and submits monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual reports concerning this department, maintaining accurate data on all procedures. Prepares and updates the policy and procedure manual for the department that complies with JCAHO guidelines. Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm Financial Disclosure Report: Not RequiredBasic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. Preferred Experience: Board Certified in Rheumatology. Applicants with the following certifications from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN) are highly preferred: Basic Life Support (BLS) and/or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS). (AHA certification preferred.) The selected employee will be required to receive these certifications prior to assuming clinical responsibilities and ensure current certifications after employment is maintained. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: Must pass a pre-employment physical examination as required by VA Handbook 5019. This examination is administered by VA Occupational Health. This position requires: light to moderate lifting (15 - 44 lbs); light carrying (15 lbs and under); reaching above shoulder; use of fingers; both hands required; walking (up to 2 hours); standing (up to 2 hours); kneeling (up to 1 hour); ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; near vision correctable at 13" to 16"; far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; depth perception; ability to distinguish basic colors; ability to distinguish shades of colors; hearing (aid permitted); emotional stability; mental stability; working closely with others; and working alone. If applicants are interviewed for the position, performance based interview questions will be used. For additional information regarding performance-based interviews, please review the following website on the Internet: In addition, candidates may be interviewed by a panel.None To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type):
- Resume VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- VA Benefit Letter
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Kansas City , Physician (Rheumatologist), Healthcare , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!