Health Coordinator Supervisor
Company: Life Unlimited Inc
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Job Title: Health Coordinator Supervisor
Department: Community Living
Reports To: Director of Nursing
The Health Coordinator Supervisor (HCS) acts as a Health
Coordinator (HC) and maintains a HC caseload and also trains and
oversees the health related work of both HCs and the Team
Supervisors/Health Coordinators (TS/HCs). The HCS role is focused
on ensuring all HC and TS/HCs follow agency policies and procedures
regarding the health care and coordination of individuals in the
Community Living program.
Pay Range $20-$22 per hour.
BASIC FUNCTIONS AND GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Medical appointments and corresponding paperwork:
- Be knowledgeable of individuals health care needs; arrange and
participate in medical appointments.
- Ensure documentation of medical appointments, treatment plans
and progress on health-related goals is completed and uploaded into
Therap according to policy and procedures.
- Track all medical appointments to ensure they are completed
within required timelines.
- Assure that medical records are scanned into Therap and
maintained with current information.
- Request medical reports and results from hospitals for complete
medical records. Review individual immunization records and arrange
updates and new immunizations as needed. Records immunizations in
Therap. Medication, Prescription, and Pharmacy needs:
- Ensure all appointments are entered into Therap calendar to
- Review doctors' orders, and requests Physician Order Sheets and
MARS from the pharmacy.
- Ensure new medications are checked in accurately by checking
them against the doctor's orders and the MARs.
- Prepare medication destruction documentation to dispose of
discontinued, inaccurate, or contaminated medications for the nurse
and as witnesses at time of destruction if available.
- Check the MARs, at least three times each month, more often if
needed, for appropriate compliance and documentation.
- Reconfigure MAR at the end of each month.
- Ensure physician's orders are signed annually. Reports any
concerns or questions regarding physician orders to the nurse,
pharmacy, and/or physician.
- Review annual ISPs and Addendums for correct health information
and medical supply needs as well as obtain physician
scripts/documentation for all such medical needs. SUPERVISION OF
HC's and TS/HC's:
- Lead and participate in monthly TS/HC meetings to address
health care policies, procedures, and best practices for the HC
role. Present current data pertaining to compliance and QA goals
for the health department. Identify concerns and develop a plan
with the HC team to correct.
- Participate in the recruiting/training process of new Health
- Provide additional training and oversight as needed for HC's or
TS/HC's not meeting agency standards. Quality Assurance
- Work with DON, VP of QA and COO to enhance the system for
compliance audits and QA for health services pertaining to the HC
role in all CL locations.
- Compete regular compliance audits and QA checks; report
findings to the DON and VP of QA.
- Participate in monthly Health Committee meetings.
- Review all medical documentation for incoming individuals into
residential program, ensure medications are current and help
coordinate pharmacy transfers to current pharmacy.
- Create new MARs for all incoming individuals. Communication
- Keep physicians, nurses, guardians, and agency staff informed
of individuals health issues.
- Maintains open and consistent communication with individuals,
families/guardians, other health-care providers and regulatory
oversight agencies (DMH, DHSS, etc.).
- Share information on medical appointments and issues with
program staff on a regular basis
- Communicate/collaborate with RNs and DON on need for increased
training and/or deficiencies in medical standards.
- Participates in staff and house meetings as necessary to
address corrective actions needed as identified during health QA
assessment(s) and/or Service Monitoring.
- Provide consistent and timely follow-up related to health
- Interact in a professional manner with health care providers
and agency staff in order to promote high quality health care for
- Be available for after hour calls to support the Residential
Staff with individual related medical questions and/or emergencies.
- Maintain confidentiality according to HIPAA practices.
- The ability to effectively and efficiently use computers or
mobile devices to input, access, modify, or output information.
This includes the ability to quickly access, store and retrieve
- All Other Duties as Assigned Physical Expectations
This position requires extended periods of walking and standing
with some periods of sitting -
depending on the needs and activities of the individuals supported.
It may require light (5 lbs.) to heavy
lifting (50 pounds of dead weight) and occasional stooping,
kneeling, bending, and/or climbing stairs
again depending on the needs of the individual supported. The
position will require occasional physical
intervention if confronted by a person displaying combative or
potentially dangerous behavior. Driving
an agency or personal vehicle is an expectation.
Office/home environment with noises from appliances, office
equipment, and facility/maintenance team.
May be exposed to bloodborne pathogens and/or infectious diseases.
Occasionally, prolonged hours or
unusual chores to meet the unexpected medical needs of clients.
- Must have graduated from High School or obtained a General
- Must have knowledge of Life Unlimited organizational structure,
policies, and procedures and demonstrate safe practices and
exemplify professional standards.
- Three (3) years of experience as a LU Health Coordinator
- Must obtain and maintain training and certification in all
required areas such as Abuse/Neglect, First Aid, CPR, Level 1
Medication Administration, Positive Behavior Supports, TOOLS.
- Must obtain a Class E driver's license during new hire
orientation- must carry minimum coverage applicable by law for auto
- Must Receive Seasonal Flu Vaccination
- Must Receive Covid-19 Vaccination
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Life Unlimited Inc, Kansas City , Health Coordinator Supervisor, Healthcare , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...