Clinical Nurse Coordinator Neuro Stroke Trauma WEO
Company: Overland Park Regional Medical Center
Location: Shawnee Mission
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Description IntroductionAre you looking for a place to deliver
excellent care patients deserve? At Overland Park Regional Medical
Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team
as a(an) Clinical Nurse Coordinator Neuro Stroke Trauma WEO and
access programs to assist with every stage of your
career.BenefitsOverland Park Regional Medical Center offers a total
rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses
throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of
nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a
majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research
College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational
facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and
more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today
for our Clinical Nurse Coordinator Neuro Stroke Trauma WEO opening
and continue to learn!Job Summary and QualificationsAbout this
Unit:The Stroke, Neuro & Trauma (SNT) Unit cares for patients with
moderate physiologic instability, requiring support but not
artificial life support. Patients are hemodynamically stable &
require cardiac monitoring, neurological, neurosurgical, and trauma
related injuries. The SNT unit will have patients that need
interventions every 4-8 hours. The SNT level of care patients
require less care than that of the ICU & CSU but more than that
which is provided in the Medical/Surgical units. This unit
specializes in the care of cardiac, stroke, neuro & trauma
patients.Responsibilities:The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC)
ensures and delivers high quality, patient-centered care and
coordination of all functions in the unit/department during the
designated shift. In collaboration with other members of the
management team, the CNC directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing
care in accordance with established policies/procedures, serves as
a resource person for staff, and models a commitment to the
organizations vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled
patient experience and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall
departmental performance.What you will do in this role:
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure
efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of the quality of
patient care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with
other members of the management team.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other managers to
create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes
- Supports a patient-first philosophy and engages in service
recovery when necessary.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by
operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee
rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting,
and training new staff. Recommends and implements courses of
action, including training and development, conflict resolution,
personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations,
and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively better
- Assists with staff scheduling. Manages all practical aspects of
staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established
- Supports proper inventory control and assists with managing
supplies and equipment.What qualifications you will need:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the
state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in
accordance with law and regulation.
- BLS & ACLS certification required and maintained.
- Activity in professional organizations encouraged.
- Two (2) years of clinical practice in the clinical specialty of
his/her unit and leadership/ management experience is
- Continuing demonstration of clinical and leadership
- Commitment and understanding of staffing matrix/productivity
- Committed to the goals of the unit, patient safety initiatives
and positive patient experience.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the standards
of nursing practice.
- Displays judgment and superior problem solving skills.
- Communicates positively and professionally with all internal
and external customers. This role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).Overland Park Regional Medical Center is a 340+ bed
facility offering acute medical services to our patients. We are
Johnson Countys only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Level II
Trauma Center. We have an Accredited Stroke and Chest Pain Center.
Our hospital is a premier area destination for Women's & Childrens
healthcare services. We offer the regions only Maternal Fetal
Health Center to care for critically ill mothers and their babies.
Our hospital has an antepartum unit, a labor and delivery unit, and
a Level III NICU. We have four emergency rooms, including a
dedicated Pediatric emergency room and two freestanding ERs located
in Olathe and Shawnee. Each year our colleagues treat over 45,000
patients. Caring for patients is more than a job for us, it's our
mission and our calling. OPRMC is part of HCA Midwest Health,
Kansas Citys leading healthcare provider in the region.HCA
Healthcare has been recognized as one of the Worlds Most Ethical
Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If growth and continued learning is
important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Clinical Nurse
Coordinator Neuro Stroke Trauma WEO opening. Our team will promptly
review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be
contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!We
are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Overland Park Regional Medical Center, Kansas City , Clinical Nurse Coordinator Neuro Stroke Trauma WEO, Healthcare , Shawnee Mission, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...