Ambulatory Clinic MA
Company: The University of Kansas Hospital
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Ambulatory Clinic MA
COVID-19 and flu vaccines are required for all health system
employees. Learn more.
Position Summary / Career Interest:
The Medical Assistant is responsible for ensuring efficient flow of
patients through the health care setting by facilitating
examination and treatment of patients in a culturally sensitive
manner with exceptional customer service; contributes to patient
care by preparing patient for visit, performing limited procedures,
scheduling diagnostic test or consults, maintaining patient
records, organizing clinic/exam rooms, maintaining supply/equipment
inventory, and/or assisting physicians, other medical staff,
nurses, other interdisciplinary team members and support staff.
* Accurately schedules tests; obtains films and reports; and
prepares laboratory specimens according to policy.
* Assists physicians and/or nurses with special procedures and
examinations as defined on competency checklist.
* Collaborates with members of the health care team in coordinating
and implementing plans for patient care; may record elements of the
patient history for clinical staff review.
* Electronically submits, calls and/or faxes in prescriptions and
refills to outpatient pharmacies
* Ensures data collected for completed procedures is recorded on
appropriate forms and in medical records
* Maintains medical records; ensures all required documentation is
available in the medical record; distributes reports and
correspondence; files, photocopies and processes forms related to
* Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of examination rooms;
stocks assigned areas and ensures par levels of supplies are
maintained; checks and completes required logs and equipment such
as refrigerator logs, eyewash logs, emergency/crash carts, suction
and other required checks.
* Performs clerical duties such as greeting patients; registration;
scheduling; pre-certification of tests, procedures and medications;
processing insurance forms; preparing financial records; answering
phones; and entering ambulatory care charges.
* Performs simple procedures as directed by the nurse or physician
and as defined on the competency checklist.
* Performs vital signs, height, weight, and screening procedures
and documents in medical record
* Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or
technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
* Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential
functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon
your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as
* High School Diploma/GED
* Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program OR
* at least one year of Medical Assisting in an
ambulatory/outpatient setting OR
* Certification as a CCMA or NCRMA
* BLS Certification
* Basic typing and word processing
Job Requisition ID:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer without regard to a
person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender
identity and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, age
(40 or older), disability, veteran status or genetic
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Create a custom Job
Alert by selecting criteria that suit your career interests.
Keywords: The University of Kansas Hospital, Kansas City , Ambulatory Clinic MA, Healthcare , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!