Company: Curana Health
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Curana Health is a provider-led, primary and post acute
organization focused on senior living communities and senior living
residents. We are committed to redefining and improving how health
care is delivered in senior living communities to ensure residents
get outstanding care and clinicians are able to practice in a
highly fulfilling and rewarding environment. SUMMARYThe MA is
responsible for collecting and organizing clinical and demographic
information for the Nurse Practitioner (NP). The MA is responsible
for assisting the NP in certain non-clinical day to day job
responsibilities associated with the NPs practice to ensure the
quality and efficiency of medical care for patients and residents
of the NPs practice.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Obtain the updated daily skilled census first thing each
- Assist the NP with identifying medically necessary visits by
rounding on each unit and organizing requests by nursing
- Collect and organize labs, orders that need signatures, dietary
recommendations, pharmacy recommendations, nursing concerns, etc.
for NP to review
- Develop and prioritize a daily rounding schedule for the NP
based on the above.
- Obtain and assist in acquiring vital signs, MAR, and orders for
every patient to be seen that day.
- Obtain necessary medical records from hospital systems and the
facility EMR to provide to MD/NP.
- Scribe a portion of the medical record in gEHRiMed as requested
by NP. (Do not document the HPI, Physical Exam, Assessment, or
Plans outside of the immediate presence of the MD/NP).
- Triage patient paperwork with the NP to obtain and assist NP
with his/her daily schedule.
- Maintain calendar for NP for follow-up visits.
- Coordinate and write down follow-up (re-evaluation) schedule
for NP for the next day.
- Obtain chief complaints and vital signs for NP prior to NP
visit of resident.
- Complete demographic information and chronic conditions on
chart, as requested by NP.
- Answer intercom calls for NP as requested by NP while in
building and communicate with NP.
- File and maintain necessary documents for NP.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
AND ABILITIESBasic medical terminology knowledge requiredProficient
in navigating Electronic Health Records, typing, and general
comfort with technologyExperience in a medical office, both front
office and back office, preferred but not requiredGood
organizational skills requiredAbility to assess basic vital signs
requiredTransportation to/from job sites requiredEDUCATIONHigh
School Diploma or equivalent.CERTIFICATIONCertification as a
Nursing Assistant or or Medical Assistant preferred, but not
required.Due to the nature of our business, we require all of our
employees to be fully vaccinated on their first day of employment,
in compliance with all applicable EEOC guidance regarding vaccines
and qualified exemptions.
Keywords: Curana Health, Kansas City , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!