Lab Assistant- EMT
Company: Kansas City Kansas Community College
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Lab Assistant- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Pay grade level: N/A
Compensation: $19.45 per hour
Employee category: Staff
Position Type: Part-Time
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Job Code: AA042PTNLAE
Department: Emergency Medical Education
Division: Academic Affairs
Reports to: EMS Lab Coordinator
Positions Supervised: NA
Location: Primarily Main Campus, but any other college location as
assigned by the appropriate administrator
Kansas City Kansas Community College (KCKCC) is currently searching
for part-time lab assistant provide instructional support to
faculty in lab sessions. (Multiple positions)
* Provide technical guidance in the performance of specific
educational tasks in EMR, EMT courses.
* Observe and document student performance of tasks assigned by the
instructor(s), (i.e., patient assessment, fracture management,
running scenarios and simulations).
* Ensure safety practices are followed by students.
* Follow required safety procedures in handling of needles and
* Monitor student use of college owned simulation mannequins and
equipment used by students, report when equipment is
malfunctioning, needing repair or replacement.
* Enforcing all rules and regulations, per the program and
college's guidelines and other enforcement agencies that govern
student practices of KCKCC.
* Set up and tear down practical skill stations.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Knowledgeable in EMS practices at the EMT level.
* Good communications skills.
* Demonstrates professional attributes expected of an EMS
* Good critical-thinking abilities.
* Ability to work with and within a diverse population of students,
faculty, and staff.
Position Qualifications and/or Education
Minimum Qualifications and/or Education
* High school diploma or GED equivalent.
* Certification by the Kansas Board of EMS as an EMT.
* Applicant must have experience at their certification level in a
clinical or field setting.
* Applicant must have proper knowledge of radio communications.
* Applicant must have excellent working knowledge of EMS operations
Preferred Qualifications and/or Education
* Associate degree or higher degree
* National Registry Certification as an EMT
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit.
Occasionally the employee will bend or twist at the neck more than
the average person. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee may occasionally push or lift items. The employee is
responsible for safety, wellbeing, and work output.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
such as the ability to read handwritten or typed material, and the
ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to
meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the
public and other staff.
* Employee is regularly required to talk to student or hear
responses from students or faculty.
* Employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use
hands/fingers to handle or feel objects such as tools, keyboards,
mannequins, etc., and reach with hands and arms to push or pull
* Employee must be able to life 100 pounds such as emergency bag,
equipment mannequins or books.
Work schedule will be part-time, maximum of 29 hours per week with
an average of 10 hours per week. Must be able to work a variable
schedule/hours to meet operational needs. May require evening and
Keywords: Kansas City Kansas Community College, Kansas City , Lab Assistant- EMT, Healthcare , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!