Intern - Environmental Health and Safety
Company: UltraSource LLC
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionEnvironmental Health and Safety (EHS) -
InternCompany Background:Since our founding in 1883, UltraSource
has served the processing and packaging equipment needs of
thousands of companies worldwide in the meat and poultry, seafood,
produce, dairy, medical and pharmaceutical industries. Our
comprehensive offering includes hundreds of products that enable us
to custom tailor equipment solutions that meet the production line
objectives, labor goals, budget constraints and brand image of our
customers.UltraSource's quality program ensures our products are
engineered and produced to meet or exceed our customers'
requirements. Reliability, maintainability, and safety are at the
forefront of our engineering strategy and support to our dedication
Summary: works with the Manager of Quality and Process Optimization
to design and implement the safety program and culture at
UltraSource. Maintains all safety documentation and champions
safety projectsEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Manager of Quality and Process Optimization with
the development of the UltraSource Safety Policy and documentation
- Create and manage digital SDS database.
- Member/facilitator of Safety Committee and associated
- Conducts Safety audits.
- Implements crane and safety inspection sheets. Defines process
for record retention per industry standards.
- Prioritizes and implements corrections per 3rd party
- Will write and post saw zone cleanup policy and PPE signs.
- Provides signage ideas to Marketing and the Manager of Quality
and Process Optimization for design and rollout to buildings to
promote safety cultureEducation and/or Experience:
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor's degree or above in related
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, SharePoint and
other operating systems.
- Preferred experience with environmental, and safety related
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-faced environmentPhysical
Demands:The physical demands and work environment described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
stand, sit, and walk. The employee must understand the speech of
others and listen; they must speak clearly so others can
understand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to
50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Work Environment:In
addition to a typical office environment, the employee must also
frequent the company's warehouse and manufacturing locations with
moderate exposure to heat, cold, humidity, dust, noise, and working
equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually
Keywords: UltraSource LLC, Kansas City , Intern - Environmental Health and Safety, Healthcare , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!