Community Health Worker
Company: Swope Health
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description**Sign on Bonus** $1000 for candidates who are
selected to be paid in two increments-$500 at hire and $500 after
90 days of employment(only applies to external applicants)JOB
SUMMARY:The Community Health Worker for Integrated Services
provides a variety of direct services to Swope Health patients
including aiding communication between providers and patients,
increasing access to primary care through culturally competent
outreach and enrollment strategies, advocating for the needs of the
individual and community, and promoting wellness by providing
health coaching and support the patient to build capacity to
achieve wellness. PRIMARY FUNCTIONS:
- Explain the purposes and services of a program to the user
population and the impact that program or service strives to
- Assist with the development and implementation of health
management/care plans with the patient and care team members
(nurses, providers, social worker, Behavioral Health
- Providing individual assistance to persons in accessing needed
health services including behavioral health including accompanying
individuals to appointments to address medical or other health
- Using standardized tools to assess the Social Determinants of
Health (SDOH) that may pose barriers to patients/clients accessing
healthcare services and/or managing chronic illnesses.
- Assisting the person/family to access and utilize a variety of
community agencies and resources to provide ongoing social,
educational, vocational and recreational support and activities to
address SDOH barriers.
- Coach patients in effective management of their chronic health
- Maintain contact with individuals who are hospitalized and
participate and/or facilitate discharge planning such as scheduling
follow up appointments, establishing a Primary care home ,
assisting with transport, connecting with community resources
- Assist patients in utilizing resources, including scheduling
appointments, and assisting with completion of applications for
programs for which they may be eligible.
- Act as the patient's primary contact point with Swope
- Act as a liaison between the patient and other agencies when
- Work collaboratively and effectively within a team
- Travels extensively throughout the Kansas City metropolitan
- Establish positive, supportive relationships with patients and
- Initiates other reports and records as required.
- Facilitate communication and coordinate services between
- Motivate clients to be active, engaged participants in their
- Effectively work with people (staff, patients, doctors,
agencies, etc.) from diverse backgrounds in reducing cultural and
socio-economic barriers between clients and institutions
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with the
clients, providers, nurse care managers, agency representatives,
supervisors, and office staff.
- Continuously expand knowledge and understanding of community
resources, series and programs provided; human relations and the
procedures used in dealing with the public as part of a service or
program; volunteer resources and the practices associated with
using volunteers, operation, functions, policies and procedures
associated with the department or program area, procedures and
resources available to handle new, unusual of different
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Using standardized tools assess the Social Determinants of
Health that may pose barriers to patients/clients accessing
healthcare services and/or managing chronic
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Patience and ability to establish rapport with this
- Flexible schedule and transportation.
- Knowledgeable about diverse clientele.
- Ability to write clearly and distinctly.
- Knowledgeable about community resources.
- Must have current, valid driver's license, transportation and
appropriate automobile insurance and be able to drive
- Community Health Worker certification required within a year of
employment.*Associates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19,
or obtain an approved exemption for vaccination accommodation based
on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
Keywords: Swope Health, Kansas City , Community Health Worker, Healthcare , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!