RN / Neuro / Missouri / Permanent / Registered Nurse Navigator Care Assure Job
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a Care Assure Nurse
Navigator you want in your current role? We have an exciting
opportunity for you to join , a facility that is part of the
nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare. At
RMC we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of
comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some
unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) Our teams are a
committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a
Care Assure Nurse Navigator where your passion for creating
positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to
caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next
opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise! About this unit:
Care Assure is our hospitals commitment to excellence in follow-up
care. Care Assure was created to ensure patients receive
appropriate care following hospital visits. Clinically trained
Nurse Navigators support patients after discharge from the hospital
by answering questions and facilitating follow-up appointments. By
taking a broad view of patient care, Care Assure helps to improve
management of disease during the transition from the hospital back
into the community. Follow the link below to find out more about
our Care Assure program. Responsibilities:
- The Care Assure Nurse Navigator is responsible for the programs
and resources that support the navigation of high risk patient
populations through complex healthcare environments for the
optimization of care and outcomes.
- Reviews patient case lists generated by technology-enabled data
triggers to identify patients that could benefit from
- Communicates with physicians (in the hospital and in the
community) about patients' potential for referral / follow-up
- Provides feedback to leadership in regards to target population
in order to enhance care coordination and patient
- Schedules follow-up appointments and provide information and
reminders to patients & physician offices.
- Tracks outcomes of referrals and treatments.
- Maintains detailed records to measure effectiveness of program
and suggest ways to improve throughout the process.
- Works with physicians and program leadership on a daily
- Engages providers and patients in a program that will improve
outcomes and the efficiency of medical care.
- Performs position specific job functions at an acceptable
- Reviews clinical progress of patients and coordinates
communications to referring, consulting, and primary care
- Plan, organize and provide direct care to the patient, as
appropriate, if called upon to do so.
- Facilitates the development of a patient specific teaching
- Reviews medications /educates patient as needed, initiates
communication regarding dashboard triggers with care team.
- Facilitates ongoing performance improvement activities related
to the target population and involving all levels of staff.
- Educates patient and families regarding planned procedures,
medications and treatments.
- Evaluate clinical educational need of staff related to target
population and facilitates collaboration with clinical care
- Makes appropriate referrals as noted by the physician.
- Coordinates information among referring, primary care and
consulting physicians and ancillary departments.
- Answers patient/family phone calls, fields questions
- Participates in creating an environment that implements the
mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Encourages collegiality and collaboration when integrating
pilot services with other departments.
- Evaluates and provides input regarding the utilization of
resources to meet the needs of the target population.
Keywords: HCA., Kansas City , RN / Neuro / Missouri / Permanent / Registered Nurse Navigator Care Assure Job, Healthcare , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!