Mobile health Paramedic - Located in Kansas City, KS
Company: Global Medical Response
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Located in Kansas City, KSJob Description: Mobile Integrated
Health Paramedic Our mission of providing care to the world at a
moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are
caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need
us. With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams
deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas
of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We
provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services,
integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.This position
is located in Kansas City, MO! JOB SUMMARY The Mobile Integrated
Health (MIH) Paramedic is responsible for day-to-day operations
including facilitation of internal communication between field
staff and management, outside agency interface, facilitating
scheduling needs, equipment and supply maintenance, as well as
other operational support functions as assigned by the MIH Base
Manager and/or Regional Director of Operations. ESSENTIAL
- Liaise with patients, public safety agencies, training
institutions, hospital personnel, and other system users as
- Ensure maintenance of quality field operations through daily
contact, oversight, communication, and evaluation.
- Ensure Patient Care Reports (PCRs) and other field paperwork is
100% reconciled daily in conjunction with the PCR processing.
- Ensure 100% of operational response exceptions are brought to
closure with appropriate action.
- Integrate into a hospital based clinical care team.
- Prepare reports and manage projects as assigned by the MIH Base
Manager and/or Regional Director of Operations.
- Manage all aspects of MIH vehicles including, but not limited
to maintenance, registration, on-board equipment (e.g. inverters,
refrigerators), maintaining mileage logs, etc.
- Remain up-to-date on all regulatory training (clinical,
non-clinical, CME, etc.) and ensure that all certifications are
uploaded into the appropriate systems. Coordinate and work with the
MIH Base Manager and/or MIH National Clinical Director to develop
specific and deliberate training plans as needed.
- Work with MIH Base Manager and/or MIH National Clinical
Director to ensure all lab compliance rules are adhered to (i.e.
- Subject matter expert on all clinical equipment. Responsible
for maintaining equipment, associated supplies, and coordinates
with vendors for additional training as needed.
- Manage all aspects of facilities including, but not limited to
maintenance/work orders, inspections, tenant improvements,
- Manage supply inventory using supply/operations management
software and ensure the team has adequate supplies on-hand to
successfully conduct operations. Ensure daily narcotic logs are in
order and vehicle checks (on-board supplies/equip.) are completed.
Work with the GMR IT Team to get our program in Operative IQ (or
any other market-specific software) as applicable. Manage Medically
Home Tech Kits and Patient Supply Boxes (incl. sanitization).
- Coordinate with GMR IT Team to facilitate and manage all
aspects of IT including, but not limited to computer maintenance,
any and all pertinent systems account setup (e.g. OLOS, MEDS,
Outlook/O365, GMR email, Kronos, etc.) for team members.
- Responsible for complying with all local, state, and federal
employment laws and company policies. (i.e., Americans with
Disability Act, Affirmative Action Plan, etc.).
- Maintain compliance with all company policies, procedures, and
- Conduct root cause analysis to aid in continuous process
improvement building operational efficiency.
- Perform other related duties as required. EXPERIENCE &
- Must have a current and valid Paramedic certification in the
state of practice and/or clinical oversight and must maintain
qualifications and experience level in all aspects of services
- Valid state driver's license.
- Current on all certifications (CPR, ACLS, etc.).
- Excellent time management, communication, and organizational
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technology.
- Two years (2) full time Paramedic or RN experience.
- Experience working in an emergency department or other high
acuity EMS setting is highly preferred.
- Must have International Board of Specialty Certification (IBSC)
Community Paramedic Certification within one (1) year of starting
- Must have current MMR and Hepatitis B vaccinations.
- Must consent to annual TB testing and receiving an annual flu
shot prior to November 1st each year.
- Must have current COVID-19 vaccination due to hospital contract
requirements. EEO Statement: Global Medical Response and its family
of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes
supporting veterans and providing reasonable accommodations for
individuals with a disability.
Keywords: Global Medical Response, Kansas City , Mobile health Paramedic - Located in Kansas City, KS, Healthcare , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!