Nursing Assistant (NA) / $3,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Company: Select Specialty Hospital - Kansas City
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview:Critical Illness Recovery HospitalNursing Assistant
(NA) / Days$3,000 Sign-On BonusNewly Increased Pay Rates!At Select
Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care
for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require
extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people
across the country and provides quality care to approximately
70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.Our
mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that
promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each
employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural
behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being
patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building
trust.Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex
patients? Are you committed to delivering an excellent patient
experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with
us!Responsibilities:We are looking for valued employees who will be
Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the
patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community
in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new
ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is
right.As a Nursing Assistant (NA), you will be working alongside
highly skilled clinicians and some of the best critical care nurses
in the country. You will work under the general supervision of a
Registered Nurse and perform routine tasks in patient care, bedside
nursing, and documentation of care provided.
- Performing services for the patient involving bathing using
basinless bath products, oral hygiene and oral feeding and care of
- Answering patient lights and performing services in a timely
manner that adds to the physical well-being of the patient.
- Participating in hourly rounds.
- Transporting patients to and from various treatment centers
when necessary; assists transporters in moving patients in and out
of stretchers and wheelchairs.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of various instruments and
equipment such as bedpans, urinals and wheelchairs.
- Keeping the patient's rooms in clean and orderly condition,
including making beds.
- Maintaining unit stock levels of supplies and equipment as
directed.Qualifications:You will demonstrate an understanding of
patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and
understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing
superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who
thrives in a dynamic environment.Minimum requirements:
- You will have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- BLS required within 90 days of hire.
- Requires hospital experience as a nursing assistant,
certification as a nursing assistant, or experience in a related
field such as a medical assistant or as an actively enrolled
nursing student.Preferred qualifications that will make you
- You have an extensive knowledge of basic nursing techniques and
procedures, aseptic practices and cardio-pulmonary techniques.
- Nursing Assistant Certification (Kansas)Nursing students may be
considered as nurse assistants if approved by the State Practice
Act.Additional Data:Select Medical strives to provide our employees
with work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have
both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- The opportunity to care for complex, critically ill
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of
registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical and
occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and
physicians to assist patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance;
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.We'd love for you to join the
team!Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that
reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity
employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and
employees are treated during employment without regard to race,
color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected under applicable law.TP456
Keywords: Select Specialty Hospital - Kansas City, Kansas City , Nursing Assistant (NA) / $3,000 Sign-On Bonus!, Healthcare , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!